Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 16 post(s)
Captain O'Farrell
Captain O'Farrell
Memphis Knights

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 14:56:58 - [691] - Quote

paying for downtime.... hmmm. what's wrong with this pic?
Dutchess Kumquat
Dutchess Kumquat
Aurelias Industrial Syndicate

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 14:57:03 - [692] - Quote

Brianna Hailey wrote:
How very right u are dutchess P

Why thank you Brianna. At least someone respects the profession Blink
Xylem Viliana
Xylem Viliana
Protomonolithic

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:57:38 - [693] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Thanks for your patience guys.

It looks like we're a little closer to having the issue resolved.

If you suffer any adverse effects because of this unscheduled downtime, such as missing sov bills *ahem*, or industry or POS related issues, feel free to contact customer support and they'll be able to see if they can assist under our policies.

We'll update again in a little while. Apologies again for the delays.

After your next update I think you need to do a beer run. Not sure if your involved in the fixing if so delegate the beer run to someone else, I once called the Icelandic office and spoke to a very nice sounding young lady, im sure you could sweet talk her into it.....
cyniska
cyniska
Shut Up And Feed Top

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:57:52 - [694] - Quote

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Have you?
flapie 2
flapie 2
Planetary Traders Union

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:58:07 - [695] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Sorry for the continued delays guys, our ops team are currently setting fire to things and plugging things in to try and get things up and running again.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire, we don't need no water let the ........

euhm hang on a minute, that ain't right AttentionP
Miss Martin James
Miss Martin James
FreeTrade Initiative

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:58:08 - [696] - Quote

really crying over nothing...most days the server up within 15mins.... after DT....
The quickest DT I experienced was only 7 mins ---extended DT .... not a big deal & I am enjoy all trolling- laughing my ass off.
dominique Rotineque
dominique Rotineque
EVE University
Ivy League

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:58:13 - [697] - Quote

Cedric Rochester wrote:
dominique Rotineque wrote:
Cedric Rochester wrote:
Duhust wrote:
Maybe for a change u shouldnt just be sorry, but also give some game time to all the ppl that for a change expect u to be on time!
since sorry was invented all goodwill is lost.
ive had some time today and u totally ruined it for me
thanks a lot ccp

So would you say it's fair that every time CCP's scheduled downtime is less than or equal to what they inform us of, you owe CCP some of your game time?

Somehow, I doubt you will agree. :3

dont care if its less or more downtime tjhe amount i pay stays the same. However the amount of time played is less if theres more downtime.

we pay for a service wich is not provided. customers tend to get upset about that.

Im sure this extra downtime couldnt have been prevented well ahem cough cough everything can be planned to perfection but it costs more.. and im sure CCP has their tech department on a budget also.. remember most of the money has to flow into the pockets of the ppl on top thats how business works.

Maybe just extend the downtime ahead.. and finish a couple of hours early.. u ppl have a lot to learn about how to be a miracle worker.

Why shouldn't CCP be able to take away playtime from your subscription when they give you 'extra' playtime? (When they complete a patch faster than normal, or the servers come back up 10 minutes early like they usually do.)

Also, are you seriously suggesting that CCP manufactures false downtime to profit from less server usage? Do you know how much more money this company makes when the servers are up and running, than they do when the servers are down?

Disabled servers mean a loss of profit for a MMO company. Their only goal is to keep the servers up and functional with people clogging the servers and paying them subscription fees and spending Aurum.

You have no clue what you're whining about. :v

im not whining.. just stating that customers have a right to complain for services not being delivered wich have been paid for in full. The right to complain.. yes its all possible in a free world.

also personally i see this as an incident. It will become a problem if it occurs more often and is not dealt with a good root cause solution.
Kaleam
Kaleam
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:58:44 - [698] - Quote

Dutchess Kumquat wrote:
Brianna Hailey wrote:

oh...i respect your profession. Just do not like to pay for it Twisted
Dutchess Kumquat
Dutchess Kumquat

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:59:39 - [699] - Quote

Guys... Guys....

Can we just admit that we are more addicted to posting in this thread than anything else right now? I swear I'm constantly hitting f5 instead of, you know, doing more productive things.

On a side note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA
Yui Takamoto
Yui Takamoto
Risen Legends Co.
Risen Legends Syndicate

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:59:49 - [700] - Quote

mannyman wrote:
The drifters are busy blowing up all the stargates until pod pilots come back into eve and we have to start mining with newbie ships and work together in the system were stuck in until we build the stargates back up.

lucky me that got my indy chars and orca booster in the same system xD
Cedric Rochester
Cedric Rochester
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:00:20 - [701] - Quote

Krystina Nanabah wrote:
I have just come back to eve recently after many years with a REAL determination to properly learn how to play this game.

It's just disheartening to be brutally reminded so soon that the downtime is smack bang in the middle of my available playing time being in Australia.

I quite like the idea of rotating the downtime around a bit from time to time so that some other smaller regions can endure the downtime being in the middle of your playtime.

I think its safe to assume there are less active players in Hawaii's/central pacific time zone then in all of Australia, Japan, South Korea, China and Eastern Russia, WOW now that i think about it that's a lot of people...

I dont want CCP employees to be working in the dark all year round but surely in the interest of customer satisfaction you guys could switch it up a bit from time to time?

Did it ever occur to you that CCP's servers may be located in your area, thus the people who work on them have the same work/sleep schedule as you do? :p

What you're suggesting with rotating down-times means that people who perform work on these servers would have rotating shifts, sleeping at various times of the day/night throughout the week. I dunno if you've ever tried this, but it causes lots of insomnia and exhaustion in the work-place.

The people who work for CCP are just like you, they want a steady work-schedule; this is the schedule they feel maximizes their efficiency. We all know things don't always go according to plan.

"It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours." -Diogenes of Sinope

David Deltori
David Deltori
Not A Holding Corporation
The Andraste

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:00:43 - [702] - Quote

they are moving TQ to SISI cluster
Brianna Hailey
Brianna Hailey
Brianna's Poodle Feather's

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:01:19 - [703] - Quote

anytime Dutchess...I was in that profession myself decades ago.. :-) A girls' gotta pay the bills...and You sound like a very professional entrapraneur Big smile
F0CKER
F0CKER
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:01:38 - [704] - Quote

So, what's the time?

Adaala Ravenlaar
Adaala Ravenlaar

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:02:03 - [705] - Quote

Heh, this sums up most of the posters in this thread - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlpxDiKEZZk. Don't know who made this vid up but it made me laugh.
Zheng'Yi Sao
Zheng'Yi Sao
DIRTY MONEY INC.
Silent Infinity

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:02:19 - [706] - Quote

Dutchess Kumquat wrote:
Guys... Guys....

Can we just admit that we are more addicted to posting in this thread than anything else right now? I swear I'm constantly hitting f5 instead of, you know, doing more productive things.

On a side note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA

Man, I haven' t heard The Prodigy since... well... yeah...

"It's funny the things you people think are mandatory for us, as if we don't do what we do because it's a hilarious good time in a space video game." - Johnny Marzetti

Minmatar Citizen 1789656589
Minmatar Citizen 1789656589
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:02:29 - [707] - Quote

F0CKER wrote:
So, what's the time?

Its hammer time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

David Deltori
David Deltori
The Andraste

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:02:37 - [708] - Quote

F0CKER wrote:
So, what's the time?

15:02
Cr Turist
Cr Turist
Burning Napalm
Northern Coalition.

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:02:47 - [709] - Quote

OOOO SNAP tooo the test server!!!!!!!!!!
Villtora Aldurald
Villtora Aldurald
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:02:58 - [710] - Quote

Jai'd Rothschild wrote:
Honestly... I'm not here to say anything rude to anyone so I'm sorry if it comes off wrong,

... But it's slightly annoying that we pay you a ton of money... ( I mean seriously. come on... 15 if not 20 a month to play this game times 40 thousand people) ...collectively and you're still have trouble figuring out the game you created. Why not get down to fixing the issues instead of changing minute details in the randoms.

Let's make the people of Eve want to keep playing it and... (instead of being burnt out like other video games after a few wasted years of trying to understand)... enjoy and consistently try to do better within so.

... There is a lot about this game I like, but ... I like the game for the space but at the same time, it's not like you can get online and just go run a "dungeon" or something. There is zero upfront profitability to this game.

... Ever since I started playing this game about a month or so ago, all I feel like I've done is move from one side of the galaxy to the next and for reason such as the corporation I had joined either had only 1-5 members or that others like Brave Newbie nonsense won't let you join the fleets til you get the Mumble working.

... Anyway, I'll stop talking now.
Typing*

...Jai

Any large corporation will have you get on comms and if not... sucks to be you. (sorry for offtopic)

I'd love to see you try to resolve a problem on a server that runs on 50+ blades... you need to find the blade with the issue to begin with... that takes time. Then you need to figure out what went wrong... you've only been playing an month, you have bassicly no idea on howmany mechanics this game relies on and hardware aswell. 1 thing can make the whole server say f*ck you to everybody. I understand the frustrations but be patient. it will get fixed
Funzinnu BT
Funzinnu BT
Bread Fish

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:03:20 - [711] - Quote

We want the SP compensation.
D'Kelle
D'Kelle
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:03:21 - [712] - Quote

Miss Martin James wrote:
Krystina Nanabah wrote:
I have just come back to eve recently after many years with a REAL determination to properly learn how to play this game.

It's just disheartening to be brutally reminded so soon that the downtime is smack bang in the middle of my available playing time being in Australia.

I quite like the idea of rotating the downtime around a bit from time to time so that some other smaller regions can endure the downtime being in the middle of your playtime.

I think its safe to assume there are less active players in Hawaii's/central pacific time zone then in all of Australia, Japan, South Korea, China and Eastern Russia, WOW now that i think about it that's a lot of people...

I dont want CCP employees to be working in the dark all year round but surely in the interest of customer satisfaction you guys could switch it up a bit from time to time?

Emm you can always play some cricket

I always wondered why the Aussies are so good at cricket lol they never get to play online as much due to poorly scheduled down time Lol
Andy Minerosa
Andy Minerosa
C.Q.B
Snuffed Out

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:03:32 - [713] - Quote

Eve is dying?
Kosa Galactus
Kosa Galactus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:03:41 - [714] - Quote

MadDan ermygod wrote:
you know your addicted to eve when...........

You're constantly looking to see where the sun is.....just in case you need to align to something fast.
Bella Colburn
Bella Colburn
The Exiled Gaming Corporation
The Exiled Gaming

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:03:46 - [715] - Quote

Sad very sad.....(single tear drop running down cheek....)
Strom Ronuken
Strom Ronuken
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:03:50 - [716] - Quote

F0CKER wrote:
So, what's the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncf03SUnf-I
Dutchess Kumquat
Dutchess Kumquat

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:03:55 - [717] - Quote

Kaleam wrote:
Dutchess Kumquat wrote:
Brianna Hailey wrote:

oh...i respect your profession. Just do not like to pay for it Twisted

Well then, good sir, you shall not be able to enjoy the luxury of the several Exotic Female Dancers (or male, if you prefer) that I have housed in my Brothel.

Mind Rape
Mind Rape
BACKUPLEGION

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:04:00 - [718] - Quote

free sp plox
Miss Martin James
Miss Martin James
FreeTrade Initiative

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:04:10 - [719] - Quote

these 400 words post-dont even read them- i like the one liners
David Deltori
David Deltori
The Andraste

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:05:31 - [720] - Quote

Kosa Galactus wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
you know your addicted to eve when...........

You're constantly looking to see where the sun is.....just in case you need to align to something fast.

When you look at your wife and wonder, how much DPS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,14s, ref 20240531/2156
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.