Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Lefevre
Lefevre

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.17 19:25:00 - [31]

Quote:
Be nice to see the concord agents back in action :-)
I miss them :-p

w00t!

To bad CCP removed the bribe option :-P

Teddybears
Lefevre
Lefevre
Caldari
Temptation inc.

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.17 19:25:00 - [32]

Quote:

w00t!

Playmate Bunny
Playmate Bunny

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:30:00 - [33]

So after the next patch will the 0.1+ for negative standings be reintroduced, or will it never come back ? ie. am I for example doomed too years of npc killing too get my sec status up too a decent level (i'm at a -5.8 now) constant daily chaining for a month brought me up by a measly .2 and we are talking battleships here
Playmate Bunny
Playmate Bunny
Minmatar
Shinra

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:30:00 - [34]

So after the next patch will the 0.1+ for negative standings be reintroduced, or will it never come back ? ie. am I for example doomed too years of npc killing too get my sec status up too a decent level (i'm at a -5.8 now) constant daily chaining for a month brought me up by a measly .2 and we are talking battleships here
zincol
zincol

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:43:00 - [35]

Quote:
Quote:

w00t!

:-(

w00t!
zincol
zincol
S.A.S

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:43:00 - [36]

Quote:
Quote:

w00t!

:-(

w00t!
dalman
dalman

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:23:00 - [37]

Quote:

[*]You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

This is not working properly.

Very often in my logs it shows for example a mutant lord (85k) instead of a Tyrant (1M) as highest rat, and due to the cap (which you're removing), I usually don't get a sec increase, even when I kill a 1M NPC.

M.I.A. since 2004-07-30
dalman
dalman
Finite Horizon

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:23:00 - [38]

Quote:

[*]You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

This is not working properly.

Very often in my logs it shows for example a mutant lord (85k) instead of a Tyrant (1M) as highest rat, and due to the cap (which you're removing), I usually don't get a sec increase, even when I kill a 1M NPC.

Am I forced to have any regret?
I've become the lie, beautiful and free
In my righteous own mind
I adore and preach the insanity you gave to me
Teelmaster
Teelmaster

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:26:00 - [39]

Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.
Teelmaster
Teelmaster
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:26:00 - [40]

Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.
Nwalmaer
Nwalmaer

Posted - 2004.04.17 23:54:00 - [41]

I don't play this game to interact with NPCs hours upon hours every day, that's what singleplayer games are for.

And with Bship spawns only being in alliance space, you'll be stuck killing cruisers and frigates since ebil pirates aren't exactly welcome there.

Nwalmaer
Nwalmaer
Caldari
The Spang

Posted - 2004.04.17 23:54:00 - [42]

I don't play this game to interact with NPCs hours upon hours every day, that's what singleplayer games are for.

And with Bship spawns only being in alliance space, you'll be stuck killing cruisers and frigates since ebil pirates aren't exactly welcome there.

Drewdatrip
Drewdatrip

Posted - 2004.04.18 01:36:00 - [43]

Edited by: Drewdatrip on 18/04/2004 01:38:18
Quote:

If they are going for realism, then they are beening more then fair....I mena you kill someone in public next to a cop station, you will get slightly more punishment then 3months....
But i do agree that we need more options for increasing your sec rating...killing NPCs for months is slighly mind numbing

|Drew|
-------------------
The Professional
Drewdatrip
Drewdatrip
Gallente

Posted - 2004.04.18 01:36:00 - [44]

Quote:

If they are going for realism, then they are beening more then fair....I mena you kill someone in public next to a cop station, you will get slightly more punishment then 3months....
But i do agree that we need more options for increasing your sec rating...killing NPCs for months is slighly mind numbing

|Drew|
vanBuskirk
vanBuskirk

Posted - 2004.04.18 02:06:00 - [45]

Quote:

No it isn't. To get to -10, you really have to work at it. You SHOULD have to work at getting back again.

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad
----------------------------------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent".
vanBuskirk
vanBuskirk
Caldari

Posted - 2004.04.18 02:06:00 - [46]

Quote:

No it isn't. To get to -10, you really have to work at it. You SHOULD have to work at getting back again.

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

Imperishable
Imperishable

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:42:00 - [47]

I think the 0.1 gain per day is actually quite good
why was it removed?
It doesn't really stop suicide kestrels
Imperishable
Imperishable

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:42:00 - [48]

I think the 0.1 gain per day is actually quite good
why was it removed?
It doesn't really stop suicide kestrels
Wulfnor
Wulfnor

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:56:00 - [49]

Quote:

• The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

• Does this mean that people will have their Security Status lowered similar to the way standing with agents was lowered?
    Wulfnor
    Wulfnor
    Caldari
    Roving Guns Inc.
    RAZOR Alliance

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:56:00 - [50]

Quote:

• The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

• Does this mean that people will have their Security Status lowered similar to the way standing with agents was lowered?
    Ishkur
    Ishkur

Posted - 2004.04.18 05:18:00 - [51]

Edited by: Ishkur on 18/04/2004 05:19:57
    TomB, when are you going to fix the bug that allows someone to only take a 0.5% "aggression" hit for a ship or pod kill? (Or no hit AT ALL?!)

IMHO, this bug should be your #1 priority. How can I ask poeple to watch local, if everyone in local is a pirate with a 1.8 security status, because CONCORD never applies the negatives?

Ishkur
    Ishkur
    Policy Research Group

Posted - 2004.04.18 05:18:00 - [52]

Edited by: Ishkur on 18/04/2004 05:19:57
    TomB, when are you going to fix the bug that allows someone to only take a 0.5% "aggression" hit for a ship or pod kill? (Or no hit AT ALL?!)

IMHO, this bug should be your #1 priority. How can I ask poeple to watch local, if everyone in local is a pirate with a 1.8 security status, because CONCORD never applies the negatives?

Sevanna
    Sevanna

Posted - 2004.04.18 11:44:00 - [53]

well, a month back I was mostly guarding a 0.4 space from pirates engaging miners mostly, and keeping the area relativly clean.
    This off course was devastating towards my securitystatus since pirates who engage in empire space are in normal sircumstances only about -3.0 to -0.1, wich still affects my own security status if I engage them.

this means I have too hunt npc's like crazy just to keep my own sec status above 0, wich can get rather frustrating at times.

Also, I tested with an alt char, along with a friend, killing him again and again, too monitor the security status loss, and only once in 4 hours, did i get security loss for killing his pod?!Shocked

So when I read this post and see all the whining from people who have low security status and cant enter empire space etc... heck you really had to be a pestering plague for quite some time to gain that negative status, so deal with it.
    When you do crimes, you have to pay for them, this by being an outlaw and have to stay in 0.0 space.. so be it, I'd say you'r getting the better end of it.

nothing wrong with having to work for the security status, but now I've given upp this law enforcement deal, and still having hell of a time getting my sec status upp. think ive stay'd stuck below 0.4 for ages now Confused

How to deal with this? I dont know, but a sugestion would be, that you would not lose sec status for attacking someone with negative security status? below
    -0.1 for instance...

I dont care much for those who engage crime activites and I doubt i ever will, but it keeps the game intresting, and it's allot more funn and challenging to hunt player Rats than npc rats... Wink

And really, fix the bounty thing, add the bounty to the insurance fee to make ppl notice that having a bounty on their head isnt a good thing, okey...

If I'd runn a insurance company, I'd deffenently notice that a person had higer risk of being killed since he has a bounty on his head, and therefor i'd add that ammount too his bill =) clone and ship.

And having low sec status, should be a gain for those who want to engage in piracy, the pirates keep the economy in the game running, and well, it is one way of playing the game.
    for instance gaining some better missions at npc pirate corp agents, or just that it adds a bit to the standings there. However crimes are a quick way to get ritch, but it should haunt the person for quite some time, it's just the way things go, you pay the consequenses of your action.

ok. this was allot more than i was going to write, but hey.
    hope something will come out of itWink

:: rebell against opression ::
    Sevanna
    Sevanna
    Minmatar
    Bleak Cabal
    Coalition of Carebear Killers

Posted - 2004.04.18 11:44:00 - [54]

well, a month back I was mostly guarding a 0.4 space from pirates engaging miners mostly, and keeping the area relativly clean.
    This off course was devastating towards my securitystatus since pirates who engage in empire space are in normal sircumstances only about -3.0 to -0.1, wich still affects my own security status if I engage them.

this means I have too hunt npc's like crazy just to keep my own sec status above 0, wich can get rather frustrating at times.

Also, I tested with an alt char, along with a friend, killing him again and again, too monitor the security status loss, and only once in 4 hours, did i get security loss for killing his pod?!Shocked

So when I read this post and see all the whining from people who have low security status and cant enter empire space etc... heck you really had to be a pestering plague for quite some time to gain that negative status, so deal with it.
    When you do crimes, you have to pay for them, this by being an outlaw and have to stay in 0.0 space.. so be it, I'd say you'r getting the better end of it.

nothing wrong with having to work for the security status, but now I've given upp this law enforcement deal, and still having hell of a time getting my sec status upp. think ive stay'd stuck below 0.4 for ages now Confused

How to deal with this? I dont know, but a sugestion would be, that you would not lose sec status for attacking someone with negative security status? below
    -0.1 for instance...

I dont care much for those who engage crime activites and I doubt i ever will, but it keeps the game intresting, and it's allot more funn and challenging to hunt player Rats than npc rats... Wink

And really, fix the bounty thing, add the bounty to the insurance fee to make ppl notice that having a bounty on their head isnt a good thing, okey...

If I'd runn a insurance company, I'd deffenently notice that a person had higer risk of being killed since he has a bounty on his head, and therefor i'd add that ammount too his bill =) clone and ship.

And having low sec status, should be a gain for those who want to engage in piracy, the pirates keep the economy in the game running, and well, it is one way of playing the game.
    for instance gaining some better missions at npc pirate corp agents, or just that it adds a bit to the standings there. However crimes are a quick way to get ritch, but it should haunt the person for quite some time, it's just the way things go, you pay the consequenses of your action.

ok. this was allot more than i was going to write, but hey.
    hope something will come out of itWink

:: rebell against opression ::
    Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:05:00 - [55]

Quote:

Most if not all of the pirates who posted here, pirated in empire space before castor.

Before castor you kill 3 people your at -10...I went from +2.0 to -10 in about 15mins.

People who started pirating after castor can find it managable as they get little loss from killing and little gain from npcs
    Pre-castor the loss was great, but we had a way to get it back up again.

And as some1 said earlier there should be benifits to having a negative and a positive ss.

This is a game, pirates havnt broken any rules in the game, so why are we punished, ss is totally unbalanced!!

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:05:00 - [56]

Quote:

Most if not all of the pirates who posted here, pirated in empire space before castor.

Before castor you kill 3 people your at -10...I went from +2.0 to -10 in about 15mins.

People who started pirating after castor can find it managable as they get little loss from killing and little gain from npcs
    Pre-castor the loss was great, but we had a way to get it back up again.

And as some1 said earlier there should be benifits to having a negative and a positive ss.

This is a game, pirates havnt broken any rules in the game, so why are we punished, ss is totally unbalanced!!
    Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
    Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:09:00 - [57]

Quote:
    Quote:

|Drew|

Taking 8mins to learn to fly a frigate or 50mins to learn how to fly a battleship...seems that when you compare that to 3months..its a god damm long length of time

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:09:00 - [58]

Quote:
    Quote:

|Drew|

Taking 8mins to learn to fly a frigate or 50mins to learn how to fly a battleship...seems that when you compare that to 3months..its a god damm long length of time
    Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
    cashman
    cashman

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:14:00 - [59]

TomB:

3 Days ago, on TQ, I attacked someone in Frulegur. Almost everytime I used a weapons on him, I got security penalty. I had my victim scrambled from beginning to end.

When my security status updated, I'd went from +0.06 to -1.2 (!). The battle took 5min. In my concord standing-transactions, you can also see I got a penalty of -12.5%.

I'm still waiting for my pertition to be handled. But I'd just like to let you know of this bug.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
    cashman
    cashman
    Gallente

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:14:00 - [60]

TomB:

3 Days ago, on TQ, I attacked someone in Frulegur. Almost everytime I used a weapons on him, I got security penalty. I had my victim scrambled from beginning to end.

When my security status updated, I'd went from +0.06 to -1.2 (!). The battle took 5min. In my concord standing-transactions, you can also see I got a penalty of -12.5%.

I'm still waiting for my pertition to be handled. But I'd just like to let you know of this bug.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
    First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240425/0452
    EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
    EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.