Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.18 13:15:00 - [61]

Quote:
And really, fix the bounty thing, add the bounty to the insurance fee to make ppl notice that having a bounty on their head isnt a good thing, okey...

If I'd runn a insurance company, I'd deffenently notice that a person had higer risk of being killed since he has a bounty on his head, and therefor i'd add that ammount too his bill =) clone and ship.

This would screw up the bounty system even more than it is, pirates would just get a friend to pod them to keep their insurance and clone costs low. Add to the fact that alot of people in alliances, bounty hunters and empire side pvp corps have a negative ss, people would stick a bounty on them just to **** em off for no reason.

The reason why you cannot attack some1 with a -1.0ss...look above, not all players with a negative ss are pirates. But some1 with -5.0 is most probably gonna be one. Why should you get to shoot at some1 with a -1.0ss, when that person hasnt attacked you?

Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan
TunDraGon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.18 13:15:00 - [62]

Quote:
And really, fix the bounty thing, add the bounty to the insurance fee to make ppl notice that having a bounty on their head isnt a good thing, okey...

If I'd runn a insurance company, I'd deffenently notice that a person had higer risk of being killed since he has a bounty on his head, and therefor i'd add that ammount too his bill =) clone and ship.

This would screw up the bounty system even more than it is, pirates would just get a friend to pod them to keep their insurance and clone costs low. Add to the fact that alot of people in alliances, bounty hunters and empire side pvp corps have a negative ss, people would stick a bounty on them just to **** em off for no reason.

The reason why you cannot attack some1 with a -1.0ss...look above, not all players with a negative ss are pirates. But some1 with -5.0 is most probably gonna be one. Why should you get to shoot at some1 with a -1.0ss, when that person hasnt attacked you?
Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.18 14:06:00 - [63]

Anyone Been on the test server and killed NPC to see if it does increase sec status more?

I have been on the entropy server and found my standing increased less than what it does on tranquility for killing the same NPC rats i though this was a bit odd as TomB said

Quote:
Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some

I was killing 30k rats like i do on tranquility and got an increase of 0.0025% where i would usually get 0.01% increases.

I thought this was abit odd so went into 0.0 and killed a few bigger Rats. A 40k rat gave me 0.0075% increase and a 35k rat gave me 0.0063% increases. again this was a bit odd as would have expected this to be above 0.01%

The only increase that was higher than 0.01% was when i killed a 65k rat which gave me a 0.0137% increase.

I don't usually go onto the test servers but thought it would be interesting to see what difference this made and thought i would ask if anyone else had a look or not? Did i miss something ?

s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k
Caldari
UK Corp
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.18 14:06:00 - [64]

Anyone Been on the test server and killed NPC to see if it does increase sec status more?

I have been on the entropy server and found my standing increased less than what it does on tranquility for killing the same NPC rats i though this was a bit odd as TomB said

Quote:
Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some

I was killing 30k rats like i do on tranquility and got an increase of 0.0025% where i would usually get 0.01% increases.

I thought this was abit odd so went into 0.0 and killed a few bigger Rats. A 40k rat gave me 0.0075% increase and a 35k rat gave me 0.0063% increases. again this was a bit odd as would have expected this to be above 0.01%

The only increase that was higher than 0.01% was when i killed a 65k rat which gave me a 0.0137% increase.

I don't usually go onto the test servers but thought it would be interesting to see what difference this made and thought i would ask if anyone else had a look or not? Did i miss something ?
S3VYN
S3VYN

Posted - 2004.04.18 17:34:00 - [65]

It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it, why be so upset about what you knew was coming? It's just a game, yes, but decisions are decisions. A well known murderer and pirate who kills other well known murderers and pirates is NOT a lawful citizen and shouldn't be treated as such. Do your killing in 0.0 and you wouldn't have security rating issues, there's more 0.0 space than any other security level, it's there for a reason, use it.
------------------------------------- //
The views expressed by this poster are not the views of the poster's corporation, alliance, planet or television network... but they should be.
S3VYN
S3VYN
Gallente
Imperium Technologies
Firmus Ixion

Posted - 2004.04.18 17:34:00 - [66]

It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it, why be so upset about what you knew was coming? It's just a game, yes, but decisions are decisions. A well known murderer and pirate who kills other well known murderers and pirates is NOT a lawful citizen and shouldn't be treated as such. Do your killing in 0.0 and you wouldn't have security rating issues, there's more 0.0 space than any other security level, it's there for a reason, use it.
.: DEAD AND LOVING IT :.
John McCreedy
John McCreedy

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:08:00 - [67]

I consider this yet another example of stacking towards the larger corps and Alliances who have access to and control 0.0 space. Being in a small corp, we do not have this kind of access so progression though the positive security status increases will be extremly limited because of this. This is after you halved everyones security status upon Castor release (basically only benefiting pirates).

Since you halved the security status of each person upon release of Castor, it's taken me 4 months to gain a 4% increase in overall Standing (0.4 ss)and this is killing rats regulary in systems 0.4-0.1.

If you insist on implementing this change, then can we at least have an increase on the percentage gained through the Fast Talk Skill or a security increase via Agent Missions for certain corps such as Empire Navies, to at least give small corps and solo players a chance.

Make a difference

John McCreedy
John McCreedy
Caldari
Eve Defence Force

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:08:00 - [68]

I consider this yet another example of stacking towards the larger corps and Alliances who have access to and control 0.0 space. Being in a small corp, we do not have this kind of access so progression though the positive security status increases will be extremly limited because of this. This is after you halved everyones security status upon Castor release (basically only benefiting pirates).

Since you halved the security status of each person upon release of Castor, it's taken me 4 months to gain a 4% increase in overall Standing (0.4 ss)and this is killing rats regulary in systems 0.4-0.1.

If you insist on implementing this change, then can we at least have an increase on the percentage gained through the Fast Talk Skill or a security increase via Agent Missions for certain corps such as Empire Navies, to at least give small corps and solo players a chance.
Make a Difference

Ishkur
Ishkur

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:12:00 - [69]

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences.

Nope, that's not how it works. Scroll up and read the posts. People can attack 4, 5, 6 people in Empire space and not even take any security hit at all.

So right now, the people whining about the changes are people using this bug to avoid getting security hits at all.

People are being fooled into thinking that the other people in local are good guys, cause they have 2.5 security status, despite the fact that they've been blowing up ships right and left for the past month.

That bug is far more serious than any imagined unfairness to people who pirate and don't want to face the music, IMHO.

Ishkur
Ishkur
Policy Research Group

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:12:00 - [70]

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences.

Nope, that's not how it works. Scroll up and read the posts. People can attack 4, 5, 6 people in Empire space and not even take any security hit at all.

So right now, the people whining about the changes are people using this bug to avoid getting security hits at all.

People are being fooled into thinking that the other people in local are good guys, cause they have 2.5 security status, despite the fact that they've been blowing up ships right and left for the past month.

That bug is far more serious than any imagined unfairness to people who pirate and don't want to face the music, IMHO.

Dezzyb0y
Dezzyb0y

Posted - 2004.04.19 11:36:00 - [71]

Quote:

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad

Dude if no pirated n stuff then everyone would be sat in eve bored... its not ruining peoples gaming experiances at all... it makes it that lil more fun because you've always gotta be on your toes if you want to keep your ship =)
-----------------------

K4rls 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I perfectly strikes Republic Fleet Testing Facilities, wrecking for 1395.9 damage
Dezzyb0y
Dezzyb0y
Gallente
The Scope

Posted - 2004.04.19 11:36:00 - [72]

Quote:

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad

Dude if no pirated n stuff then everyone would be sat in eve bored... its not ruining peoples gaming experiances at all... it makes it that lil more fun because you've always gotta be on your toes if you want to keep your ship =)
-----------------------
Join the oveur fan club today and recive an e-flower!

Signature edited. That image is erm.. a little inappropriate ^^. Please make one a little less gruesome :). - Teblin.
PS. I want an e-flower \o/.
lewlar
lewlar

Posted - 2004.04.19 12:16:00 - [73]

Hi all,

I agree with those that say that the security increases are too small, but I try to grin and bear it. What makes me a bit annoyed is that I am absolutely sure the system, even as it stands is broken. Some security status gains aren't being logged at all. I even give it 24 hours before checking. I am torn between getting on with the game and putting proof together for a petition on this, (which would be quite time consuming to be complete proof, giving times, places, npc killed, ten minute time intervals). Training relevent social skills seems to be a bit of a letdown too. I am squinting to see much difference. The only aggresive act towards another player I have ever made was 7 months ago'ish when a stray light missile hit a bystander I wasn't locked onto. Lesson learned, but still "sheesh".
lewlar
lewlar

Posted - 2004.04.19 12:16:00 - [74]

Hi all,

I agree with those that say that the security increases are too small, but I try to grin and bear it. What makes me a bit annoyed is that I am absolutely sure the system, even as it stands is broken. Some security status gains aren't being logged at all. I even give it 24 hours before checking. I am torn between getting on with the game and putting proof together for a petition on this, (which would be quite time consuming to be complete proof, giving times, places, npc killed, ten minute time intervals). Training relevent social skills seems to be a bit of a letdown too. I am squinting to see much difference. The only aggresive act towards another player I have ever made was 7 months ago'ish when a stray light missile hit a bystander I wasn't locked onto. Lesson learned, but still "sheesh".
FEvul
FEvul

Posted - 2004.04.19 13:05:00 - [75]

Quote:
Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.

exactly, totally agree there !
FEvul
FEvul
Infinite Improbability Inc

Posted - 2004.04.19 13:05:00 - [76]

Quote:
Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.

exactly, totally agree there !
Tyrrax Thorrk
Tyrrax Thorrk

Posted - 2004.04.19 14:06:00 - [77]

GHEY
Tyrrax Thorrk
Tyrrax Thorrk
Amarr
Umbra Congregatio
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2004.04.19 14:06:00 - [78]

GHEY
Ganja
Ganja

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:28:00 - [79]

It took me roughly 15 hours STRAIGHT to gain exactly +.068

That is retarded.. the 10 minute cap needs to be removed, and instead, put a cap on the size of the NPC.

IE: You can't go above 2.0 by killing frigates.
You can't go above 4.0 by killing cruisers.
The only way to gain +5 sec now would be to kill battleships (using this method)
Ganja
Ganja

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:28:00 - [80]

That is retarded.. the 10 minute cap needs to be removed, and instead, put a cap on the size of the NPC.

The only way to gain +5 sec now would be to kill battleships (using this method)
John McCreedy
John McCreedy

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:55:00 - [81]

Quote:

I'd agree so long as there is a fairer method of distribution of Battleship NPC's. I obviously don't expect BS to spawn at belts in Empire but hidden areas, or some of these Hideouts should have them.

In fact, while I'm on the subject of the hideouts, don't you think it's lame that they spawn easier rats then the belts do?

Make a difference

John McCreedy
John McCreedy
Caldari
Eve Defence Force

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:55:00 - [82]

Quote:

I'd agree so long as there is a fairer method of distribution of Battleship NPC's. I obviously don't expect BS to spawn at belts in Empire but hidden areas, or some of these Hideouts should have them.

In fact, while I'm on the subject of the hideouts, don't you think it's lame that they spawn easier rats then the belts do?
Make a Difference

Teelmaster
Teelmaster

Posted - 2004.04.19 16:03:00 - [83]

Those that came in after castor do not understand. I was at 0.0 and after 2 fights in empire i was -2.6 pre-castor and i have been there since. TWO FIGHTS and i cant go back into anything above .9 space? I think that is a little harsh. I would accept it if i killed dozens, but no. And now i have to spend a hundred hours killing npcs just to gain .7 sec status. SCREW THAT.
Teelmaster
Teelmaster
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.04.19 16:03:00 - [84]

Those that came in after castor do not understand. I was at 0.0 and after 2 fights in empire i was -2.6 pre-castor and i have been there since. TWO FIGHTS and i cant go back into anything above .9 space? I think that is a little harsh. I would accept it if i killed dozens, but no. And now i have to spend a hundred hours killing npcs just to gain .7 sec status. SCREW THAT.
Grinth Fealnon
Grinth Fealnon

Posted - 2004.04.19 18:58:00 - [85]

Why not switch sec status gains/losses the way it was pre-castor with one small change(where as I understand it, it was relatively easy to make big gains or losses in sec ratings).

Each time you go above, say for sake of example, 5.0 or conversely drop below -5.0 it becomes harder(longer) for you to raise your security status. So the first time you drop below -5.0 its easy to raise you security status up again, but the next time you drop below said security level it becomes harder for you to raise it up, and progressively harder and harder to raise your security level each time you drop below that level.

This would make all the various sorts of people who may be staring at taking a security loss think twice before they decide to do it.
Commander Grinth: Logistics

"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other."

Grinth Fealnon
Grinth Fealnon
Caldari
Phoenix Propulsion Labs
Firmus Ixion

Posted - 2004.04.19 18:58:00 - [86]

Why not switch sec status gains/losses the way it was pre-castor with one small change(where as I understand it, it was relatively easy to make big gains or losses in sec ratings).

Each time you go above, say for sake of example, 5.0 or conversely drop below -5.0 it becomes harder(longer) for you to raise your security status. So the first time you drop below -5.0 its easy to raise you security status up again, but the next time you drop below said security level it becomes harder for you to raise it up, and progressively harder and harder to raise your security level each time you drop below that level.

This would make all the various sorts of people who may be staring at taking a security loss think twice before they decide to do it.
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other."

Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.19 19:40:00 - [87]

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it

I knew what before i did it?

That the developers would change the whole system, did you? casue they gave no warning when they took the deacy away.

So before you reply to a topic, take a little care to look at it properly before you do so.

Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan
TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.19 19:40:00 - [88]

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it

I knew what before i did it?

That the developers would change the whole system, did you? casue they gave no warning when they took the deacy away.

So before you reply to a topic, take a little care to look at it properly before you do so.
Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
Archemedes
Archemedes

Posted - 2004.04.19 20:31:00 - [89]

Personally, I consider the whole security status system a joke. I wanted a high SS to show I was one of the good guys, but the gains are insanely slow. I'm not going to spend more than a few hours a week hunting NPCs, because it is BORING to sit and mindlessly kill for hours on end day after day.

What about significantly raising the SS gain for NPC kills, BUT also making it so that after any SS hit you can not GAIN status for a set amount of time (which varies by offense). So if you kill an innocent traveller's ship, you might not be able to gain SS for a couple days, and if you podkill someone you can't gain for a week. That would stop pirates from using NPCs to keep their status up and still be pirates, but would allow FORMER pirates a way to get their status back up. And it would also allow "law-abiding" citizens to get good positive status without having to camp NPCs constantly.
Archemedes
Archemedes
Gallente
Omnitrend

Posted - 2004.04.19 20:31:00 - [90]

Personally, I consider the whole security status system a joke. I wanted a high SS to show I was one of the good guys, but the gains are insanely slow. I'm not going to spend more than a few hours a week hunting NPCs, because it is BORING to sit and mindlessly kill for hours on end day after day.

What about significantly raising the SS gain for NPC kills, BUT also making it so that after any SS hit you can not GAIN status for a set amount of time (which varies by offense). So if you kill an innocent traveller's ship, you might not be able to gain SS for a couple days, and if you podkill someone you can't gain for a week. That would stop pirates from using NPCs to keep their status up and still be pirates, but would allow FORMER pirates a way to get their status back up. And it would also allow "law-abiding" citizens to get good positive status without having to camp NPCs constantly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,09s, ref 20240328/0852
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.