Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Dezzyb0y
Dezzyb0y

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.22 13:59:00 - [121]

Stuff a 10min cap just put a daily cap on so you can only gain x sec status from killing
x frigates in 24 hours
x sec status from x cruisers
x sec status from x battleships

Surley there gotta be a decent way of doing it that way... at least then people can get their sec satus and do something else rather than wait 10mins to kill the next rat =/
-----------------------

K4rls 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I perfectly strikes Republic Fleet Testing Facilities, wrecking for 1395.9 damage
Dezzyb0y
Dezzyb0y
Gallente
The Scope

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.22 13:59:00 - [122]

Stuff a 10min cap just put a daily cap on so you can only gain x sec status from killing
x frigates in 24 hours

Surley there gotta be a decent way of doing it that way... at least then people can get their sec satus and do something else rather than wait 10mins to kill the next rat =/
-----------------------
Join the oveur fan club today and recive an e-flower!

Signature edited. That image is erm.. a little inappropriate ^^. Please make one a little less gruesome :). - Teblin.
PS. I want an e-flower \o/.
Dezzyb0y
Dezzyb0y

Posted - 2004.04.22 14:03:00 - [123]

x frigates in 24 hours

-----------------------

K4rls 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I perfectly strikes Republic Fleet Testing Facilities, wrecking for 1395.9 damage
Dezzyb0y
Dezzyb0y
Gallente
The Scope

Posted - 2004.04.22 14:03:00 - [124]

x frigates in 24 hours

-----------------------
Join the oveur fan club today and recive an e-flower!

Signature edited. That image is erm.. a little inappropriate ^^. Please make one a little less gruesome :). - Teblin.
PS. I want an e-flower \o/.
sableye
sableye

Posted - 2004.04.22 17:20:00 - [125]

Originally by: s73v3n2k
Originally by: sableye
security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing.

This is very odd as i can easily get my sec status up by +0.05 after a 3-4 hours of killing 30k rats in Oipo or Yoma (which are nice spawns). Have you considered killing rats bigger than your drones?

I can't take on a 30k npc's and win I can barely kill 8k npc's and thats if I'm lucky enough to find them, I'm still a newish player been playing 16 days or so and I started life as a miner so I spent most time training them skill, I have'nt trained hardly anything on gunnery yet but I am now since I have too.
sableye
sableye
principle of motion
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2004.04.22 17:20:00 - [126]

Originally by: s73v3n2k
Originally by: sableye
security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing.

This is very odd as i can easily get my sec status up by +0.05 after a 3-4 hours of killing 30k rats in Oipo or Yoma (which are nice spawns). Have you considered killing rats bigger than your drones?

I can't take on a 30k npc's and win I can barely kill 8k npc's and thats if I'm lucky enough to find them, I'm still a newish player been playing 16 days or so and I started life as a miner so I spent most time training them skill, I have'nt trained hardly anything on gunnery yet but I am now since I have too.

Join The Fight With Promo Today
Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.22 19:44:00 - [127]

Originally by: Heinrich Ludendorff
Originally by: Alkanine

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Well I find no use for alts really considering you can train any skill with one character and you can only train one character at a time anyway. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to train more than one character anyway. The only problem I find with your statement is that I've met people who have more than one account. So alt or no alt, people will find a way around any solution to this particular problem anyway.

I use three chars and I know alot of people that do the same.

1st char is a ceo of a corp
2nd char is tenachas gimp and in a different corp
3rd char is meCool

there are probably 40k accounts and out of those 40k accounts there is probablyt less than 500 people who abuse them and alot more who utilise the three chars.

ccp should just make it impossible to target people in 1.0

Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan
TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.22 19:44:00 - [128]

Originally by: Heinrich Ludendorff
Originally by: Alkanine

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Well I find no use for alts really considering you can train any skill with one character and you can only train one character at a time anyway. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to train more than one character anyway. The only problem I find with your statement is that I've met people who have more than one account. So alt or no alt, people will find a way around any solution to this particular problem anyway.

I use three chars and I know alot of people that do the same.

1st char is a ceo of a corp
2nd char is tenachas gimp and in a different corp
3rd char is meCool

there are probably 40k accounts and out of those 40k accounts there is probablyt less than 500 people who abuse them and alot more who utilise the three chars.

ccp should just make it impossible to target people in 1.0
Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
Chepe Nolon
Chepe Nolon

Posted - 2004.04.26 10:18:00 - [129]

Why not make a history of sec hits. If you tend to do the right thing more often, an 'accident' shouldn't bring down the security too much. But if you have a long history of "bad moves", you should have a hard time getting back on track.

I understand the bounty hunters or those that had to defend themselves vs pirates, but I think people in corps like m0o and c0w should be banned from high sec for a long time. IMHO. Or else people could kill and kill and then say "sorry, didn't mean it, please return my sec status back to 2.0" and then kill again. If you have chosen a path, you got to stay on it.
Chepe Nolon
Chepe Nolon
Core Domination
Big Bang Quantum

Posted - 2004.04.26 10:18:00 - [130]

Why not make a history of sec hits. If you tend to do the right thing more often, an 'accident' shouldn't bring down the security too much. But if you have a long history of "bad moves", you should have a hard time getting back on track.

I understand the bounty hunters or those that had to defend themselves vs pirates, but I think people in corps like m0o and c0w should be banned from high sec for a long time. IMHO. Or else people could kill and kill and then say "sorry, didn't mean it, please return my sec status back to 2.0" and then kill again. If you have chosen a path, you got to stay on it.

Chepe Nolon
--
My notes about agent missions.
Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.27 22:00:00 - [131]

Originally by: Chepe Nolon

I agree, but only if all npc hunters got banned from 0.0

Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan
TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.27 22:00:00 - [132]

Originally by: Chepe Nolon

I agree, but only if all npc hunters got banned from 0.0
Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
Arius Jordani
Arius Jordani

Posted - 2004.04.28 11:31:00 - [133]

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, or has been said already, but I think system security exclusions should work both ways.

Pirates are currently excluded from hi sec space based on sec status - so in a similar way, why not try these two changes in addition - call it a "Security Passport" :-

(a) High sec status (aka experienced fighters) excluded from 1.0, 0.9, 0.8 progressively based on their sec, and
(b) Noobs are excluded from 0.0, 0.1, 0.2 progressively based on their sec

(a) would hopefully kick the veteran strip miners out of safe space (giving real noobs something to mine), and (b) would force noobs to learn the game properly before venturing out, and prevent the unsavoury act of using alt scouts in 0.0 and force experienced players to do their own (main char) dirty work, and not hide behind noobness shield. Pirates - it would also increase the attractiveness of indy pilots in 0.0 - coz an experienced player has more to lose.

The only concession would be you would need "bypasses" round 1.0 systems that are on highway to avoid screwing travel of hi (and low) sec players.

If I am right, with the pirates already hampered this would push more experienced fighters in their direction, improve prospects of retaining noobs, and stop unscrupulous persons "mis"-using alt characters in 0.0.

Ok, fire up your flame throwers ...Very Happy
Arius Jordani
Arius Jordani

Posted - 2004.04.28 11:31:00 - [134]

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, or has been said already, but I think system security exclusions should work both ways.

Pirates are currently excluded from hi sec space based on sec status - so in a similar way, why not try these two changes in addition - call it a "Security Passport" :-

(a) High sec status (aka experienced fighters) excluded from 1.0, 0.9, 0.8 progressively based on their sec, and
(b) Noobs are excluded from 0.0, 0.1, 0.2 progressively based on their sec

(a) would hopefully kick the veteran strip miners out of safe space (giving real noobs something to mine), and (b) would force noobs to learn the game properly before venturing out, and prevent the unsavoury act of using alt scouts in 0.0 and force experienced players to do their own (main char) dirty work, and not hide behind noobness shield. Pirates - it would also increase the attractiveness of indy pilots in 0.0 - coz an experienced player has more to lose.

The only concession would be you would need "bypasses" round 1.0 systems that are on highway to avoid screwing travel of hi (and low) sec players.

If I am right, with the pirates already hampered this would push more experienced fighters in their direction, improve prospects of retaining noobs, and stop unscrupulous persons "mis"-using alt characters in 0.0.

Ok, fire up your flame throwers ...Very Happy
Sassinak
Sassinak

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:01:00 - [135]

Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:12:04
Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:10:06
Originally by: vanBuskirk
Quote:
Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.

No it isn't. To get to -10, you really have to work at it. You SHOULD have to work at getting back again.

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad

Actually when I first went to -10 it took me about 2 hours. It then took me 3 months to get it back. He is talking about how the system was bfore hand, now its even worse.

Why you follow the pirates around threads sayin they are just griefing pieces of ****, flame them, post how lame they are and how they ruin everyones game experience when people mostly say how they enrich everyones game experience. Keep mining that Veldspar Kiddo, Stupid Carebear IdiotTwisted Evil

Unplug your keyboard.

Originally by: TomB
Info

The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

PS: I dont really care how the sec system works as long as it works. ive been -1.4 now for like 3 months. I also dont like NPC hunting(It bores me) so why should that be the only way of gain?
Sass
Arcane Technologies
Sassinak
Sassinak
Arcane Technologies

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:01:00 - [136]

Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:12:04
Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:10:06
Originally by: vanBuskirk
Quote:
Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.

No it isn't. To get to -10, you really have to work at it. You SHOULD have to work at getting back again.

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad

Actually when I first went to -10 it took me about 2 hours. It then took me 3 months to get it back. He is talking about how the system was bfore hand, now its even worse.

Why you follow the pirates around threads sayin they are just griefing pieces of ****, flame them, post how lame they are and how they ruin everyones game experience when people mostly say how they enrich everyones game experience. Keep mining that Veldspar Kiddo, Stupid Carebear IdiotTwisted Evil

Unplug your keyboard.

Originally by: TomB
Info

The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

PS: I dont really care how the sec system works as long as it works. ive been -1.4 now for like 3 months. I also dont like NPC hunting(It bores me) so why should that be the only way of gain?
Sass
Arcane Technologies
sutty
sutty

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:48:00 - [137]

Curse is angels land right ? so if you was to kill a player with +5.00 to the angels you would gain +0.1 or somthing sec status.

same goes for people with + to other pirate factions, if you kill them you get a sec increase, but only if in 0.0 space. Not many people have +sec with pirate factions but it would be somthing else to help.
sutty
sutty
Amarr
Evolution

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:48:00 - [138]

Curse is angels land right ? so if you was to kill a player with +5.00 to the angels you would gain +0.1 or somthing sec status.

same goes for people with + to other pirate factions, if you kill them you get a sec increase, but only if in 0.0 space. Not many people have +sec with pirate factions but it would be somthing else to help.
toaster
toaster

Posted - 2004.04.29 12:41:00 - [139]

Originally by: Drewdatrip
Edited by: Drewdatrip on 18/04/2004 01:38:18
Quote:

If they are going for realism, then they are beening more then fair....I mena you kill someone in public next to a cop station, you will get slightly more punishment then 3months....
But i do agree that we need more options for increasing your sec rating...killing NPCs for months is slighly mind numbing

|Drew|

but this is not real life, it's a game. Most ingame pirates do not stick up banks or mug people in real life. It's a role ingame.

I personally think the 0.1 increase per day was quite fair, especially for the hit you take when pod killing.
------------------------------------------------

toaster
toaster
The Cursed Navy
Apocalyptica.

Posted - 2004.04.29 12:41:00 - [140]

Originally by: Drewdatrip
Edited by: Drewdatrip on 18/04/2004 01:38:18
Quote:

If they are going for realism, then they are beening more then fair....I mena you kill someone in public next to a cop station, you will get slightly more punishment then 3months....
But i do agree that we need more options for increasing your sec rating...killing NPCs for months is slighly mind numbing

|Drew|

but this is not real life, it's a game. Most ingame pirates do not stick up banks or mug people in real life. It's a role ingame.

I personally think the 0.1 increase per day was quite fair, especially for the hit you take when pod killing.
------------------------------------------------

Cao Cao
Cao Cao

Posted - 2004.04.29 23:19:00 - [141]

Sec status mechanism right now is BULL****. TomB. A small tweak is not in order. A MAJOR REWORKING should come in AND VERY SOON. Notice that wasn't SoonÖ, I SAID SOON AS IN NEXT PATCH.

Simply doubling the gain by NPC hunting isn't gonna cut it, sorry to say bud. You are gonna have to implement some different ways of regaining sec status other than NPC hunting, which is why I hate other types of MMORPG games. Also PLEASE reintroduce the 0.1 per day gain, that isn't a huge amount and it still would take 3.3 months to go from -10.0 back to 0.0, which is an ETERNITY in game-time.

TomB this is one of the most pressing issues right now, IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.

v/r

Cao

Cao Cao
Cao Cao
Caldari
S.A.S

Posted - 2004.04.29 23:19:00 - [142]

Sec status mechanism right now is BULL****. TomB. A small tweak is not in order. A MAJOR REWORKING should come in AND VERY SOON. Notice that wasn't SoonÖ, I SAID SOON AS IN NEXT PATCH.

Simply doubling the gain by NPC hunting isn't gonna cut it, sorry to say bud. You are gonna have to implement some different ways of regaining sec status other than NPC hunting, which is why I hate other types of MMORPG games. Also PLEASE reintroduce the 0.1 per day gain, that isn't a huge amount and it still would take 3.3 months to go from -10.0 back to 0.0, which is an ETERNITY in game-time.

TomB this is one of the most pressing issues right now, IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.

v/r

Cao

fras
fras

Posted - 2004.04.30 10:20:00 - [143]

I kind of agree that the sec decay needs to come back. Bar wars empire space is virtually free of pvp combat because people are scared of dropping below a certain ss.
You need a BS and lots of time to make any kind of in-roads atm. Needing a BS and half that amount of time isn't a huge improvement, and for some people chaining a spawn isn't very exciting either.
fras
fras
Amarr

Posted - 2004.04.30 10:20:00 - [144]

I kind of agree that the sec decay needs to come back. Bar wars empire space is virtually free of pvp combat because people are scared of dropping below a certain ss.
You need a BS and lots of time to make any kind of in-roads atm. Needing a BS and half that amount of time isn't a huge improvement, and for some people chaining a spawn isn't very exciting either.
Necrome
Necrome

Posted - 2004.05.01 11:37:00 - [145]

my security stauts aint changed i was chaining the other nite, aobut 50 cruisers killed(including mine) and my sec only went up by 0.00004353453, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

' Be alive when ever you can'
Necrome
Necrome
Caldari
Casting Shadows

Posted - 2004.05.01 11:37:00 - [146]

my security stauts aint changed i was chaining the other nite, aobut 50 cruisers killed(including mine) and my sec only went up by 0.00004353453, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

Belshazzur Nephilim
Belshazzur Nephilim

Posted - 2004.05.07 15:27:00 - [147]

All I can say is that I'm extremely disgusted.

My sec status was lowered to -2.3 back in September 2003 due to splash damage to drones and a jump gate and I'm STILL suffering from it.
I have great difficulty obtaining a good quality mission agent and it's as if I'm in limbo for a mistake I made 7 month ago!!!! I don't think my tenure in Eve should be penalized for something I did 7 months ago by accident. My game experience for the last several months since the Tech 2 patch has been an emotional downer and I don't enjoy playing Eve like I used to. It's like the game has been altered to make it easier to become and stay as a pirate. Recently I've been learning to enjoy other games while CCP sits on their behinds and crawl to a solution on this issue. I'm here for the long duration for certain, hoping to see this thing get fixed right.

CCP needs to address this quick.
--------------------------
Belshazzur Nephilim
O-N-C-O-R
Oracles of the Nephilim

Belshazzur Nephilim
Belshazzur Nephilim
Caldari

Posted - 2004.05.07 15:27:00 - [148]

All I can say is that I'm extremely disgusted.

My sec status was lowered to -2.3 back in September 2003 due to splash damage to drones and a jump gate and I'm STILL suffering from it.
I have great difficulty obtaining a good quality mission agent and it's as if I'm in limbo for a mistake I made 7 month ago!!!! I don't think my tenure in Eve should be penalized for something I did 7 months ago by accident. My game experience for the last several months since the Tech 2 patch has been an emotional downer and I don't enjoy playing Eve like I used to. It's like the game has been altered to make it easier to become and stay as a pirate. Recently I've been learning to enjoy other games while CCP sits on their behinds and crawl to a solution on this issue. I'm here for the long duration for certain, hoping to see this thing get fixed right.

CCP needs to address this quick.
--------------------------
Belshazzur Nephilim
O-N-C-O-R
Oracles of the Nephilim

Fragm
Fragm

Posted - 2004.05.08 14:30:00 - [149]

What is the point of having space where there are not police in it when they make the consquience of killing people to high!!! I say CCP put police in .4 or lower and have done with it OR CHANGE THE SYSTEM how ever we look at it CCP want to make it look to ppl that .4 or belower is risky space when it is not going to be I have had to stop killing ppl as i sit at -5 with a 10 mil bounty so in order for me to sort it out i have to NPC boring as hell! and now the ppl floating by where i am are safe as they would be in yulai all because if i go lower i can be attacked anyware any how IT IS COMPLETE BULL**** AND .4 SPACE IS PRETTY MUCH AS SAFE AS YULAI NOW! COME AND GET YOUR GOOD ORES CCP LOVE CAREBEARS

Where is the the justice for pirates we are a dying race.

Arrow likes to kill
ArrowCCP likes to be carebearing

same post that i put in a diffrent topic about sec status!
IT HAS GOT TO CHANGE ASAP OR EVE WILL BE A CARE BEAR SPECIAL GAME AND ALL PIRATES WILL LEAVE AS I SAY NO POINT IN HAVING .4 SPACE OR BELOW. I dont actually mind the fact i can not got to high sec empire space i do mind the fact that ppl can take pot shots at me with no cover from the gate what so ever. it is a skill to hunt and kill ppl in pvp and i have been outnumbered in many occasions and won most i have also lost a few times. it is a big enough risk being a pirate on the hunt as it is, why would ccp want to make it not worth the trouble when we add to the market sales of builders and miners and also keep ppl on there toes when in .4 well i urge all pirates to POST AS MUCH AS WE CAN UNTIL AN ACCEPTABLE RESOLVE IS MADE Evil or Very Mad

ArrowNEVER PODDED COME AND GET SOME!
ArrowHAVE YOU BEEN KILLED BY FRAG?
Cao Cao > Alright well I checked the logs, and I got wtfpwned, I admit I was wrong, nice kill guys

OK i made a post Flame away
Fragm
Fragm
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.05.08 14:30:00 - [150]

What is the point of having space where there are not police in it when they make the consquience of killing people to high!!! I say CCP put police in .4 or lower and have done with it OR CHANGE THE SYSTEM how ever we look at it CCP want to make it look to ppl that .4 or belower is risky space when it is not going to be I have had to stop killing ppl as i sit at -5 with a 10 mil bounty so in order for me to sort it out i have to NPC boring as hell! and now the ppl floating by where i am are safe as they would be in yulai all because if i go lower i can be attacked anyware any how IT IS COMPLETE BULL**** AND .4 SPACE IS PRETTY MUCH AS SAFE AS YULAI NOW! COME AND GET YOUR GOOD ORES CCP LOVE CAREBEARS

Where is the the justice for pirates we are a dying race.

Arrow likes to kill
ArrowCCP likes to be carebearing

same post that i put in a diffrent topic about sec status!
IT HAS GOT TO CHANGE ASAP OR EVE WILL BE A CARE BEAR SPECIAL GAME AND ALL PIRATES WILL LEAVE AS I SAY NO POINT IN HAVING .4 SPACE OR BELOW. I dont actually mind the fact i can not got to high sec empire space i do mind the fact that ppl can take pot shots at me with no cover from the gate what so ever. it is a skill to hunt and kill ppl in pvp and i have been outnumbered in many occasions and won most i have also lost a few times. it is a big enough risk being a pirate on the hunt as it is, why would ccp want to make it not worth the trouble when we add to the market sales of builders and miners and also keep ppl on there toes when in .4 well i urge all pirates to POST AS MUCH AS WE CAN UNTIL AN ACCEPTABLE RESOLVE IS MADE Evil or Very Mad

ArrowNEVER PODDED COME AND GET SOME!
ArrowHAVE YOU BEEN KILLED BY FRAG?
Cao Cao > Alright well I checked the logs, and I got wtfpwned, I admit I was wrong, nice kill guys

OK i made a post Flame away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240415/2221
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.