Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Ghost Spirit
Ghost Spirit

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.05.12 17:25:00 - [181]

THIS HAS TO BE CORRECTED.

I have played for almost a year now. I love to trade, and produce but principally I love to run missions. I have spent 6 months running them constantly and have good standings with a number of corps.

Last night I spent 40 mins helping some corp mates webb and scramble in low sec space and my sec status fell from a little under 1.0 to -3.6. Fair enough I should be punished and possibly banned from bits of empire space.

But I am now being told that it is almost impossible for me to return to a positive rating Confused and that -3.6 is beyond the point of no return. So do I lose 8 months worth of gaming and have to stop playing the game the way I like to because of 40 mins play and webbing 3 ships/pods.

This seems quite quite wrong, 8 months worth of agents now inaccessible for a 40 min rush of blood.

Please CCP fix this issue and make punishment proportionate to the crime. And if anyone can advise a carebare turned accidental pirate how to get out of this situation without 4 months of chaining pirates in an interceptor I'd be greatful!!!Rolling Eyes
Ghost Spirit
Ghost Spirit

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.05.12 17:25:00 - [182]

THIS HAS TO BE CORRECTED.

I have played for almost a year now. I love to trade, and produce but principally I love to run missions. I have spent 6 months running them constantly and have good standings with a number of corps.

Last night I spent 40 mins helping some corp mates webb and scramble in low sec space and my sec status fell from a little under 1.0 to -3.6. Fair enough I should be punished and possibly banned from bits of empire space.

But I am now being told that it is almost impossible for me to return to a positive rating Confused and that -3.6 is beyond the point of no return. So do I lose 8 months worth of gaming and have to stop playing the game the way I like to because of 40 mins play and webbing 3 ships/pods.

This seems quite quite wrong, 8 months worth of agents now inaccessible for a 40 min rush of blood.

Please CCP fix this issue and make punishment proportionate to the crime. And if anyone can advise a carebare turned accidental pirate how to get out of this situation without 4 months of chaining pirates in an interceptor I'd be greatful!!!Rolling Eyes
Iynara Maeral
Iynara Maeral

Posted - 2004.05.13 10:58:00 - [183]

You do lose a part of the game, but that's part of the choice that you made.. And as I said low sec space is far more profitable and free than empire. But you are right, you should serve your sentance and be done with it. If it truly is this hard to raise your security status, it needs fixing. Here's hoping for you folks that they reinstitute the negative status decay (possibly with something similar to the ideas I presented). Maybe I will try and make an alt and see if I can't test out the efficiency of regaining sec status for my own viewing.
Iynara Maeral
Iynara Maeral
Caldari
JUDGE DREAD Inc.
Forces of Freedom

Posted - 2004.05.13 10:58:00 - [184]

You do lose a part of the game, but that's part of the choice that you made.. And as I said low sec space is far more profitable and free than empire. But you are right, you should serve your sentance and be done with it. If it truly is this hard to raise your security status, it needs fixing. Here's hoping for you folks that they reinstitute the negative status decay (possibly with something similar to the ideas I presented). Maybe I will try and make an alt and see if I can't test out the efficiency of regaining sec status for my own viewing.

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:19:00 - [185]

Can i ask why bother making this a sticky TomB? You clearly aren't bothering to read it or if you are there is no indication that CCP have any intention of changing things. AFAIK it was mentioned in a recent CSM that it was indeed not going to be looked at but my memory may be wrong here.

I got to -6.3 role playing a hardline minmatar freedom fighter. i feel that the work I did helped build up the game for many to more than just a mmog to the mmorpg it was meant to be. I usually got mail off people that had been attacked to say how they enjoyed the role play even though they'd usually died.

I acknowledge that it is fair to punish me for attacking ppl in empire. But by my calculations I will have to kill 85k rats for over 1000 hours to get back to 1.0 space.

I am at the point now of giving up entirely and just becoming a pirate. I have almost 8.6m skill points, have no desire to pirate, i want to re-enter empire and actually play in events. I don't want to cheat by setting up alts to do stuff in empire with few skill points.

But as things stand there is no prospect of me re-entering empire ever as I refuse to waste 6 months game time doing nothing but constantly rat kill every minute im online. I must admit to feeling somewhat let down by ccp in this regard. Crime yes, punishment yes but surely there should be forgiveness, yes?

Ok, so what the hell is this Golden Ratio?
Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell
Minmatar
Trinity Nova
KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:19:00 - [186]

Can i ask why bother making this a sticky TomB? You clearly aren't bothering to read it or if you are there is no indication that CCP have any intention of changing things. AFAIK it was mentioned in a recent CSM that it was indeed not going to be looked at but my memory may be wrong here.

I got to -6.3 role playing a hardline minmatar freedom fighter. i feel that the work I did helped build up the game for many to more than just a mmog to the mmorpg it was meant to be. I usually got mail off people that had been attacked to say how they enjoyed the role play even though they'd usually died.

I acknowledge that it is fair to punish me for attacking ppl in empire. But by my calculations I will have to kill 85k rats for over 1000 hours to get back to 1.0 space.

I am at the point now of giving up entirely and just becoming a pirate. I have almost 8.6m skill points, have no desire to pirate, i want to re-enter empire and actually play in events. I don't want to cheat by setting up alts to do stuff in empire with few skill points.

But as things stand there is no prospect of me re-entering empire ever as I refuse to waste 6 months game time doing nothing but constantly rat kill every minute im online. I must admit to feeling somewhat let down by ccp in this regard. Crime yes, punishment yes but surely there should be forgiveness, yes?

Click here to visit our site
Scaramouche
Scaramouche

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:48:00 - [187]

It stinks, its unfair and it's downright annoying to say the least.
I was part of a gang which was in a corp war, i locked and destroyed a pod and was administered a -12.5% sec hit AND THIS WAS IN A 0.0 SYSTEM!!!!
I went from a +8 to -0.6 for my 'criminal act' now i feel like turning my back on eve after over 12 months of playing.

SORT IT!!!!!

Remember, only dead fish and broken sticks go with the flow.
Scaramouche
Scaramouche
Minmatar
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:48:00 - [188]

It stinks, its unfair and it's downright annoying to say the least.
I was part of a gang which was in a corp war, i locked and destroyed a pod and was administered a -12.5% sec hit AND THIS WAS IN A 0.0 SYSTEM!!!!
I went from a +8 to -0.6 for my 'criminal act' now i feel like turning my back on eve after over 12 months of playing.

SORT IT!!!!!

Remember, only dead fish and broken sticks go with the flow.
Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.17 17:28:00 - [189]

So come on TomB, please prove me wrong. At least acknowledge that you read this post and just pur us out of our misery. Is this an issue that will receive any attention whatsoever or should we just give up and realise that CCP has no desire to change the current system within say the next 1 month, 3 months or 6 months?

Ok, so what the hell is this Golden Ratio?
Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell
Minmatar
Trinity Nova
KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.17 17:28:00 - [190]

So come on TomB, please prove me wrong. At least acknowledge that you read this post and just pur us out of our misery. Is this an issue that will receive any attention whatsoever or should we just give up and realise that CCP has no desire to change the current system within say the next 1 month, 3 months or 6 months?

Click here to visit our site
Lisanatos
Lisanatos

Posted - 2004.05.18 09:49:00 - [191]

Okay, scrolling through this thread, I've figured I'm about to get myself in a lot of trouble :)
lately in SATI (yes, the start corp) we've been encountering an increasing number of ore thieves, or people have been more vocal about it. So, as I've gotten a taste for PVP, I figured what the hell, I'll administer some Torpedo surgery to the problem, sure I'll lose a little sec status, but meh, not the first time. (the first time being a group mine + smart bomb...but thats a subject for next paragraph). Now, I haven't really gone into NPC hunting much, but I did know the gains were low...but that low?! Up until today I had no plans to even GET a battleship, let alone kill them!
now for my magnificent expedition into losing sec status...which I have another experiment to run in a few minutes Twisted Evil. here we all were, happily mining, my poor old system running a little chunky with the number of ships on the screen. I change to the next roid and start running my miners using mouse clicks...OOps, there goes the smart bomb for 25 damage to all 10 nearby ships (I use it for extra missile shielding when ninja mining) and concord logs all 10 transgressions. I lose my cruiser, fair enough.
But I went from having a nice shiny clean record at 0.05ish to being at -.5 (despite it saying -.4 on my character sheet)
I lost all that, for one SHOT...but if I'd killed even 10 of the biggest rats in the universe I woulda been lucky to get 0.001
What...the...hell?!

but to finish off the madness, rats are generally in packs of 3 or more right? but if you're mining them for pure sec status, then you may as well kill one then go do something else for the next 9 minutes....like say mine? Surely if I'm out actively hunting NPCs I should be able to earn sec status faster than a bloody miner! cause you won't generally be attacked more than once every 10 minutes I found whenever I've mined...so can someone please explain the point to actually hunting pirates...rather than running a mining ship that can kill them? From a security point of view.
and finally, for the super bonus OMGWTF point...
my standing with the Guristas is -0.2 or so...my standing with concord is -0.47...yet I've done a hell of a lot more damage to the Guristas than concord...

yes, I know this post doesn't make much sense, but neither does the security ratings system :)
Lisanatos
Lisanatos

Posted - 2004.05.18 09:49:00 - [192]

Okay, scrolling through this thread, I've figured I'm about to get myself in a lot of trouble :)
lately in SATI (yes, the start corp) we've been encountering an increasing number of ore thieves, or people have been more vocal about it. So, as I've gotten a taste for PVP, I figured what the hell, I'll administer some Torpedo surgery to the problem, sure I'll lose a little sec status, but meh, not the first time. (the first time being a group mine + smart bomb...but thats a subject for next paragraph). Now, I haven't really gone into NPC hunting much, but I did know the gains were low...but that low?! Up until today I had no plans to even GET a battleship, let alone kill them!
now for my magnificent expedition into losing sec status...which I have another experiment to run in a few minutes Twisted Evil. here we all were, happily mining, my poor old system running a little chunky with the number of ships on the screen. I change to the next roid and start running my miners using mouse clicks...OOps, there goes the smart bomb for 25 damage to all 10 nearby ships (I use it for extra missile shielding when ninja mining) and concord logs all 10 transgressions. I lose my cruiser, fair enough.
But I went from having a nice shiny clean record at 0.05ish to being at -.5 (despite it saying -.4 on my character sheet)
I lost all that, for one SHOT...but if I'd killed even 10 of the biggest rats in the universe I woulda been lucky to get 0.001
What...the...hell?!

but to finish off the madness, rats are generally in packs of 3 or more right? but if you're mining them for pure sec status, then you may as well kill one then go do something else for the next 9 minutes....like say mine? Surely if I'm out actively hunting NPCs I should be able to earn sec status faster than a bloody miner! cause you won't generally be attacked more than once every 10 minutes I found whenever I've mined...so can someone please explain the point to actually hunting pirates...rather than running a mining ship that can kill them? From a security point of view.
and finally, for the super bonus OMGWTF point...
my standing with the Guristas is -0.2 or so...my standing with concord is -0.47...yet I've done a hell of a lot more damage to the Guristas than concord...

yes, I know this post doesn't make much sense, but neither does the security ratings system :)
Dragonday
Dragonday

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:26:00 - [193]

Well, I'm in the -10 club, I did in less than 3 days. Now I'll never see the inside of empire again... I miss the early days of castor patch where you can dock for a few weeks ( YES WEEKS OF NOT PLAYING ) not killing etc etc just to gain back sec rateing... Why was this taken away.. if somone is willing to sit in a station for a week or 2 and not play they should get a better sec rateing... ShockedRolling Eyes

------------------------------------------
Hurm (?) (!)
Dragonday
Dragonday
Minmatar
The Fenix Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:26:00 - [194]

Well, I'm in the -10 club, I did in less than 3 days. Now I'll never see the inside of empire again... I miss the early days of castor patch where you can dock for a few weeks ( YES WEEKS OF NOT PLAYING ) not killing etc etc just to gain back sec rateing... Why was this taken away.. if somone is willing to sit in a station for a week or 2 and not play they should get a better sec rateing... ShockedRolling Eyes

------------------------------------------
Hurm (?) (!)
Joe Blob
Joe Blob

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:36:00 - [195]

I understand what you are saying Lisanatos.

The security gain from rat killing is totally and utterly rediculous.
I dont mind taking a security hit for attacking (0.5%), destroying (2%) and podding (12.5%), but a gain, when I kill a Blood Raider Cruiser, of 0.0063 is a joke.
The punishment for killing far outweighs the Reward for law enforcement.
I doubt we get a response from TomB, as looking at other threads, the devs only post when they agree with something, and thats if they dont delete it.
Joe Blob
Joe Blob
Caldari
Total Warehouse Logistics

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:36:00 - [196]

I understand what you are saying Lisanatos.

The security gain from rat killing is totally and utterly rediculous.
I dont mind taking a security hit for attacking (0.5%), destroying (2%) and podding (12.5%), but a gain, when I kill a Blood Raider Cruiser, of 0.0063 is a joke.
The punishment for killing far outweighs the Reward for law enforcement.
I doubt we get a response from TomB, as looking at other threads, the devs only post when they agree with something, and thats if they dont delete it.
Ringlord
Ringlord

Posted - 2004.05.19 06:06:00 - [197]

lets just start the sec status all over again start everyone at 0.0
Proud member of c0w
Ringlord
Ringlord
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.05.19 06:06:00 - [198]

lets just start the sec status all over again start everyone at 0.0

Toastmaster
Toastmaster

Posted - 2004.05.20 11:50:00 - [199]

I see here we will gain sec status every 10 min but i guess we still can loose sec status several times killing one object still and that wont be that we loose the greatest sec hit over 10 min....

So we gain sec status every 10 min and loose it 10 times during 10 min..

That is wrong....
Now it takes 2 hours to get from 0 > -9.x which is to fast

"viper zulu > toast has killed our whole corporation ships at least once"

Toastmaster
Toastmaster
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2004.05.20 11:50:00 - [200]

I see here we will gain sec status every 10 min but i guess we still can loose sec status several times killing one object still and that wont be that we loose the greatest sec hit over 10 min....

So we gain sec status every 10 min and loose it 10 times during 10 min..

That is wrong....
Now it takes 2 hours to get from 0 > -9.x which is to fast

"viper zulu > toast has killed our whole corporation ships at least once"

Mang0o
Mang0o

Posted - 2004.05.21 15:14:00 - [201]

Can you guys do anything good for the pirates nu?.. Evil or Very Mad
No you just canŠt a-have-a the Mang0o
Mang0o
Mang0o
Caldari
horizons
Free Trade Zone.

Posted - 2004.05.21 15:14:00 - [202]

Can you guys do anything good for the pirates nu?.. Evil or Very Mad

I love you Mang0o, take a guess why -Eris
Bobby Wilson
Bobby Wilson

Posted - 2004.05.21 17:02:00 - [203]

Does this only affect pirates? Some of the posts I've seen suggest that even legitimate PvP is in doubt. My sec status is only 1.3 right now after Castor and since I don't bother with chaining much, so I could quite easily end up in the negative as part of pirate-hunters in low sec empire?

Am I wrong about that?

BW
Originally by: Selim

Cool, congrats.

Oh, stupid idea by the way.
Bobby Wilson
Bobby Wilson
Gallente

Posted - 2004.05.21 17:02:00 - [204]

Does this only affect pirates? Some of the posts I've seen suggest that even legitimate PvP is in doubt. My sec status is only 1.3 right now after Castor and since I don't bother with chaining much, so I could quite easily end up in the negative as part of pirate-hunters in low sec empire?

Am I wrong about that?

BW
FoRGyL
FoRGyL

Posted - 2004.05.21 18:15:00 - [205]

Ok the secsys works as it does but the totally bad part is the sevral loss in one fight.

The fight start's ohh there he goes..fast as hell I'am trying to get in close again..and boom down we go again sec stat.

CCP...what shall other player's be able to figure out of u when reading your secstat?
Ok he shoot 3 people or there goes a guy devoted to pirating or piratehunt?

Witch way are we hedding? (Besides restricted from empire)

*querios

Rolling Eyes
Ohhhh iyayaayaya puff ohh iyaayaya puff puff
PVR =Player vs Roid! Burr, scary peps!!!
FoRGyL
FoRGyL
Beer and Kebabs
Pirate Coalition

Posted - 2004.05.21 18:15:00 - [206]

Ok the secsys works as it does but the totally bad part is the sevral loss in one fight.

The fight start's ohh there he goes..fast as hell I'am trying to get in close again..and boom down we go again sec stat.

CCP...what shall other player's be able to figure out of u when reading your secstat?
Ok he shoot 3 people or there goes a guy devoted to pirating or piratehunt?

Witch way are we hedding? (Besides restricted from empire)

*querios

Rolling Eyes
Pay or don't!
sableye
sableye

Posted - 2004.05.22 19:36:00 - [207]

anypne know when these changes are coming in, the changes still suck but I'd still like double the amount I get now, please don't tell me they are already on tranquality because then thats just sucky.
sableye
sableye
principle of motion
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2004.05.22 19:36:00 - [208]

anypne know when these changes are coming in, the changes still suck but I'd still like double the amount I get now, please don't tell me they are already on tranquality because then thats just sucky.

Join The Fight With Promo Today
Luc Boye
Luc Boye

Posted - 2004.05.25 13:00:00 - [209]

Aye, bring back 0.1 gain at least.
--

2004.12.29 23:33:40combatMining Pollution Cloud hits you, doing 140.0 damage.
Luc Boye
Luc Boye
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.05.25 13:00:00 - [210]

Aye, bring back 0.1 gain at least.

---

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240419/1212
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.