Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Ishkur
Ishkur

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.19 21:21:00 - [91]

I think that is a great idea. I even think it should steadily go up (at least to 0) if you've been a "good boy" and haven't done anything bad for a while. I do think that should take some time, though... Do the crime, do the time. It shouldn't happen in a few nights.

BUT, I'm still gonna keep yelling about this security status bug/exploit that allows you to pod-kill people and never take a security hit past 0.5%. That's lame as hell, and CCP needs to fix that first.

Ishkur
Ishkur
Policy Research Group

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.19 21:21:00 - [92]

I think that is a great idea. I even think it should steadily go up (at least to 0) if you've been a "good boy" and haven't done anything bad for a while. I do think that should take some time, though... Do the crime, do the time. It shouldn't happen in a few nights.

BUT, I'm still gonna keep yelling about this security status bug/exploit that allows you to pod-kill people and never take a security hit past 0.5%. That's lame as hell, and CCP needs to fix that first.

Hippey
Hippey

Posted - 2004.04.19 22:36:00 - [93]

Quote:
When can we expect to see benefits from having a high positive rating?

I ask again.
-------------------------------------------
If you kill them, they will die!

Sport the war, war support
The sport is war, total war
When victory's really a massacre.
The final swing is not a drill
It's how many people I can kill!
Hippey
Hippey
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.04.19 22:36:00 - [94]

Quote:

I ask again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do nothing to stop slavery, you do everything to support it
dalman
dalman

Posted - 2004.04.20 01:33:00 - [95]

Originally by: Hippey
Quote:

I ask again.

Not soon (tm).
Probably "in a year (tm)", I'd guess.

M.I.A. since 2004-07-30
dalman
dalman
Finite Horizon

Posted - 2004.04.20 01:33:00 - [96]

Originally by: Hippey
Quote:

I ask again.

Not soon (tm).
Probably "in a year (tm)", I'd guess.

Am I forced to have any regret?
I've become the lie, beautiful and free
In my righteous own mind
I adore and preach the insanity you gave to me
DigitalCommunist
DigitalCommunist

Posted - 2004.04.20 02:42:00 - [97]

Originally by: Teelmaster
Those that came in after castor do not understand. I was at 0.0 and after 2 fights in empire i was -2.6 pre-castor and i have been there since. TWO FIGHTS and i cant go back into anything above .9 space? I think that is a little harsh. I would accept it if i killed dozens, but no. And now i have to spend a hundred hours killing npcs just to gain .7 sec status. SCREW THAT.

Same happened to me, two fights put me at -2.2 for like 5 months.. I'm banned from 1.0 space, and i'm not even a pirate Crying or Very sad
DigitalCommunist
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.20 02:42:00 - [98]

Originally by: Teelmaster
Those that came in after castor do not understand. I was at 0.0 and after 2 fights in empire i was -2.6 pre-castor and i have been there since. TWO FIGHTS and i cant go back into anything above .9 space? I think that is a little harsh. I would accept it if i killed dozens, but no. And now i have to spend a hundred hours killing npcs just to gain .7 sec status. SCREW THAT.

Same happened to me, two fights put me at -2.2 for like 5 months.. I'm banned from 1.0 space, and i'm not even a pirate Crying or Very sad

Purchasing Complex Fullerene Shards, contact me ingame.
Fuse
Fuse

Posted - 2004.04.20 05:36:00 - [99]

Damn Jovians are ugly. WTS a paper bag.
Fuse
Fuse
Gallente
Legion Of Light

Posted - 2004.04.20 05:36:00 - [100]

Damn Jovians are ugly. WTS a paper bag.
s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [101]

The daily increase in standing was probably removed because people were abusing their Alts I.e. they were using an alt to kill people then would leave it till they could do the same again therefore they didn't have to work for the increase in standing that the alt gained.

I can understand why they introduced the 10-15min increases when killing NPC as people were abusing the previous method by chaining NPC in belts.

I must admit its alot harder to increase your security status now and most people in here understand how it works - therefore must understand the current consequences of killing players in empire space. So you do the crime therefore you do the time with all the other bad guys in low sec space Very Happy

Ok This is a bit harsh as I was in the same boat but went and worked my security rating back up. This took along time but if it didn't it wouldn't be much of a punishment.

Most people don't like the previous changes and CCP obviously realise this and thatĘs why TomB is trying to create a better balance between security gains and losses.

I have been on entropy as I said in one of my previous posts and didn't see much of a difference, which is not good, and not what I expected.

It would be good to see a new daily increase but maybe something CCP feels is more acceptable than the previous one. At the moment anything between 0 and 5 makes no difference to how you play therefore

Originally by: Ganja
That is retarded.. the 10 minute cap needs to be removed, and instead, put a cap on the size of the NPC.

IE: You can't go above 2.0 by killing frigates.
You can't go above 4.0 by killing cruisers.
The only way to gain +5 sec now would be to kill battleships (using this method)

WouldnĘt have much of an effect but might be worth considering in the future when positive ratings actually mean more in the game.

My views are that the original way things worked was best with the exclusion of the concord agents and that CCP should have reduced the daily increases making it less open to abuse. Also the same applies to killing NPC but it looks as if they are looking at that anywayVery Happy

s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [102]

Edited by: s73v3n2k on 20/04/2004 13:20:02
For some reason it posted 2 Shocked so i deleted this one Laughing

s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k
Caldari
UK Corp
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [103]

The daily increase in standing was probably removed because people were abusing their Alts I.e. they were using an alt to kill people then would leave it till they could do the same again therefore they didn't have to work for the increase in standing that the alt gained.

I can understand why they introduced the 10-15min increases when killing NPC as people were abusing the previous method by chaining NPC in belts.

I must admit its alot harder to increase your security status now and most people in here understand how it works - therefore must understand the current consequences of killing players in empire space. So you do the crime therefore you do the time with all the other bad guys in low sec space Very Happy

Ok This is a bit harsh as I was in the same boat but went and worked my security rating back up. This took along time but if it didn't it wouldn't be much of a punishment.

Most people don't like the previous changes and CCP obviously realise this and thatĘs why TomB is trying to create a better balance between security gains and losses.

I have been on entropy as I said in one of my previous posts and didn't see much of a difference, which is not good, and not what I expected.

It would be good to see a new daily increase but maybe something CCP feels is more acceptable than the previous one. At the moment anything between 0 and 5 makes no difference to how you play therefore

Originally by: Ganja
That is retarded.. the 10 minute cap needs to be removed, and instead, put a cap on the size of the NPC.

IE: You can't go above 2.0 by killing frigates.
You can't go above 4.0 by killing cruisers.
The only way to gain +5 sec now would be to kill battleships (using this method)

WouldnĘt have much of an effect but might be worth considering in the future when positive ratings actually mean more in the game.

My views are that the original way things worked was best with the exclusion of the concord agents and that CCP should have reduced the daily increases making it less open to abuse. Also the same applies to killing NPC but it looks as if they are looking at that anywayVery Happy

s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k
Caldari
UK Corp
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [104]

Edited by: s73v3n2k on 20/04/2004 13:20:02
For some reason it posted 2 Shocked so i deleted this one Laughing

Alkanine
Alkanine

Posted - 2004.04.21 00:37:00 - [105]

I know ill get flamed for this but whatever.

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Alts are to blame for certain acts such as suicidal frigates.
Alts are to blame for easy corp theft
Alts are to blame for doing stuff without a punishment and having your main Benifit from it

and theres many more.

50% of the new rules in eve have been erected because of alts. All alts do is cause trouble name one time when alts have helped out eve. Thats not including the times people use thier alts to help themselves which I tend to think is plain ludicrous as well.

Alts do nothing good but allow you to explore new options and lets face it hardly anyone uses them for that. For the people that do use them for that reason I am sorry but its just an abused option that if it was removed we wouldnt have so many wierd rules such as this one erected.

Thats my opinion and ive argued it alot im not about to change it so if you want to respond dont do it with a flame. The only way for me to litsen to you is if you come up with a (valid) reason to keep alts. A really good one!
Alkanine
Alkanine
Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.21 00:37:00 - [106]

I know ill get flamed for this but whatever.

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Alts are to blame for certain acts such as suicidal frigates.
Alts are to blame for easy corp theft
Alts are to blame for doing stuff without a punishment and having your main Benifit from it

and theres many more.

50% of the new rules in eve have been erected because of alts. All alts do is cause trouble name one time when alts have helped out eve. Thats not including the times people use thier alts to help themselves which I tend to think is plain ludicrous as well.

Alts do nothing good but allow you to explore new options and lets face it hardly anyone uses them for that. For the people that do use them for that reason I am sorry but its just an abused option that if it was removed we wouldnt have so many wierd rules such as this one erected.

Thats my opinion and ive argued it alot im not about to change it so if you want to respond dont do it with a flame. The only way for me to litsen to you is if you come up with a (valid) reason to keep alts. A really good one!
SwitchBl4d3
SwitchBl4d3

Posted - 2004.04.21 07:01:00 - [107]

2 of us took staurday morning then again in the evening killing NPC bs'hips and cruisers. i moved from -2.6 to -2.4 not to mention a massive walled increase. but this increase was only .1 with the precision rounding, The rounding that says your -5.0 when your really -4.9

TomB can u please fix the rounding and the other way players view your status. I know people getting a -4.9 just so they can live of loot found in a sentry gun massacre
"Teh lord of Nonni"
SwitchBl4d3
SwitchBl4d3
Infinitus Odium

Posted - 2004.04.21 07:01:00 - [108]

2 of us took staurday morning then again in the evening killing NPC bs'hips and cruisers. i moved from -2.6 to -2.4 not to mention a massive walled increase. but this increase was only .1 with the precision rounding, The rounding that says your -5.0 when your really -4.9

TomB can u please fix the rounding and the other way players view your status. I know people getting a -4.9 just so they can live of loot found in a sentry gun massacre

Originally by: Stavros
BUNGLE IN JUNGLE? J tHX OMG YEAH CHICKEN WINGS K? LOLLER SKATESWIHT LUBE K?

MIUOINKEYT!!!
XpoHoc
XpoHoc

Posted - 2004.04.21 15:51:00 - [109]

TomB, this tiny tweak, the so called "improvement", isn't worth a thread.

XpoHoc
XpoHoc
Minmatar
TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.21 15:51:00 - [110]

TomB, this tiny tweak, the so called "improvement", isn't worth a thread.

Heinrich Ludendorff
Heinrich Ludendorff

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:33:00 - [111]

I don't think Security Status was meant to be like a skill that is trained in a few weeks. I do believe it is suppose to be something you earn over a long period of time. Like a friend you just met. Are you going to trust him completely after only a few weeks? Or does that kind of relationship take much longer to develope? If you will take an example from real life, good deeds go unnoticed mostly but bad deeds are splattered all over the news. I think most of you misunderstand the purpose of security status. It's just one of those things that people want bigger and faster. The only way I've seen security go down was when one player attacked another intentionally. If you are doing that then you deserve to be punished. I mean look at people in RL who do such things. Do they say to the cops "hey give me a break! Now I gotta do nice things to be considered a good person again and it will take weeks." Heh this sounds a little...pardon me a lot rediculous to me.
Heinrich Ludendorff
Heinrich Ludendorff
Caldari
Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:33:00 - [112]

I don't think Security Status was meant to be like a skill that is trained in a few weeks. I do believe it is suppose to be something you earn over a long period of time. Like a friend you just met. Are you going to trust him completely after only a few weeks? Or does that kind of relationship take much longer to develope? If you will take an example from real life, good deeds go unnoticed mostly but bad deeds are splattered all over the news. I think most of you misunderstand the purpose of security status. It's just one of those things that people want bigger and faster. The only way I've seen security go down was when one player attacked another intentionally. If you are doing that then you deserve to be punished. I mean look at people in RL who do such things. Do they say to the cops "hey give me a break! Now I gotta do nice things to be considered a good person again and it will take weeks." Heh this sounds a little...pardon me a lot rediculous to me.
Heinrich Ludendorff
Heinrich Ludendorff

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:41:00 - [113]

Originally by: Alkanine

Well I find no use for alts really considering you can train any skill with one character and you can only train one character at a time anyway. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to train more than one character anyway. The only problem I find with your statement is that I've met people who have more than one account. So alt or no alt, people will find a way around any solution to this particular problem anyway.
Heinrich Ludendorff
Heinrich Ludendorff
Caldari
Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:41:00 - [114]

Originally by: Alkanine

Well I find no use for alts really considering you can train any skill with one character and you can only train one character at a time anyway. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to train more than one character anyway. The only problem I find with your statement is that I've met people who have more than one account. So alt or no alt, people will find a way around any solution to this particular problem anyway.
Alkanine
Alkanine

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:43:00 - [115]

True but still that doesnt make alts usefull. Seriously if people want to spend another 12 bucks a month just so they can get away with a few tricks they deserve it Confused
Alkanine
Alkanine
Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:43:00 - [116]

True but still that doesnt make alts usefull. Seriously if people want to spend another 12 bucks a month just so they can get away with a few tricks they deserve it Confused
sableye
sableye

Posted - 2004.04.22 03:00:00 - [117]

security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing, at this rate its only going to take me about 3 years to get back to negative, also the security increases given don't seem to follow any order that I can work out and some pirates don't even seem to give increases at all.
sableye
sableye
principle of motion
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2004.04.22 03:00:00 - [118]

security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing, at this rate its only going to take me about 3 years to get back to negative, also the security increases given don't seem to follow any order that I can work out and some pirates don't even seem to give increases at all.

Join The Fight With Promo Today
s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.22 12:45:00 - [119]

Originally by: sableye
security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing.

This is very odd as i can easily get my sec status up by +0.05 after a 3-4 hours of killing 30k rats in Oipo or Yoma (which are nice spawns). Have you considered killing rats bigger than your drones?

s73v3n2k
s73v3n2k
Caldari
UK Corp
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.22 12:45:00 - [120]

Originally by: sableye
security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing.

This is very odd as i can easily get my sec status up by +0.05 after a 3-4 hours of killing 30k rats in Oipo or Yoma (which are nice spawns). Have you considered killing rats bigger than your drones?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240424/1831
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.