| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 .. 81 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 5 post(s) |

Dedwin
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 03:15:00 -
[1111]
Edited by: Dedwin on 25/04/2007 03:12:53 I'm not getting broken audio in Wine or Cedega.
One thing I've found with the newest Wine. Everything works fine, but if I leave the game idle for a while, my whole system halts to a crawl. Maybe this is related to the memory leak in .35 Wine? This never seems to happen while I'm actually at the comp and playing. If I try to jump into a terminal, I get lots of weird USB errors and I'm seldom allowed to enter commands into the terminal. I have to do a hard reboot. Haven't noticed this in the newest Cedega.
//edit: I've got no other solutions to the blank login screen. If you're still getting a blank login, try posting to the Wine site.
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 05:10:00 -
[1112]
Originally by: Dedwin Edited by: Dedwin on 25/04/2007 03:12:53 I'm not getting broken audio in Wine or Cedega.
One thing I've found with the newest Wine. Everything works fine, but if I leave the game idle for a while, my whole system halts to a crawl. Maybe this is related to the memory leak in .35 Wine? This never seems to happen while I'm actually at the comp and playing. If I try to jump into a terminal, I get lots of weird USB errors and I'm seldom allowed to enter commands into the terminal. I have to do a hard reboot. Haven't noticed this in the newest Cedega.
//edit: I've got no other solutions to the blank login screen. If you're still getting a blank login, try posting to the Wine site.
It isn't "maybe related to the memory leak" it IS the memory leak. The reason you are having the errors and such is that you are out of ram and its trying to run without any. Cedega is not wine and isn't the same codebase in general, thus you will not have this problem there. The solution is to uninstall .35 and use .33 or .34 which do NOT have this issue. It is a reported and known issue on winehq, and will probably be fixed for .36.
the only other thing regarding the blank screen I can think of is an incorrectly installed gfx driver. (if the font copying didn't get it.)
Ubuntu 3d Beryl-Linux Desktop+EVE |

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 10:25:00 -
[1113]
Originally by: Sevarus James
the only other thing regarding the blank screen I can think of is an incorrectly installed gfx driver. (if the font copying didn't get it.)
I don't think it can be that. All the tests I've run have ruled it out, and every other game I try to run in Wine works like a dream. --------
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 12:50:00 -
[1114]
Originally by: Patch86
Originally by: Sevarus James
the only other thing regarding the blank screen I can think of is an incorrectly installed gfx driver. (if the font copying didn't get it.)
I don't think it can be that. All the tests I've run have ruled it out, and every other game I try to run in Wine works like a dream.
Did you do a 'clean' install of EVE to wine, or copy from XP?
Ubuntu 3d Beryl-Linux Desktop+EVE |

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 15:39:00 -
[1115]
Originally by: Sevarus James
Originally by: Patch86
Originally by: Sevarus James
the only other thing regarding the blank screen I can think of is an incorrectly installed gfx driver. (if the font copying didn't get it.)
I don't think it can be that. All the tests I've run have ruled it out, and every other game I try to run in Wine works like a dream.
Did you do a 'clean' install of EVE to wine, or copy from XP?
I've figured my problem out now- it was a permissions thing. I'd installed my fonts under a different user to the one I was running as, now that thats been fixed, it seems to run OK. --------
|

Archyma
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 17:40:00 -
[1116]
anyone knows how to circumvent the aborting of the 'authorizaton'? usually it was the machonet folder that needed to be replaced, is it some other folder/file now? just a new machonet doesn't work anymore... I am runnning wine as crossover on a macbook, I have no idea whatsoever of linux or console os. help is appreciated.
|

Ghavrah Spelk
|
Posted - 2007.04.29 16:16:00 -
[1117]
Since the new patch I have been unable to enter the game. As soon as it tries to load the station I am in it locks up and I have the ps -aux and kill all the eve processes to get out of it... I have tried dumping the cache, redoing the MachoNet.bash, reinstalling eve and then reinstalling the 0.9.34 and 36 wine and then reinstalling eve again... Anyone have any ideas on this one?
|

Yaevep
Maza Nostra RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.30 01:34:00 -
[1118]
Originally by: Ghavrah Spelk Since the new patch I have been unable to enter the game. As soon as it tries to load the station I am in it locks up and I have the ps -aux and kill all the eve processes to get out of it... I have tried dumping the cache, redoing the MachoNet.bash, reinstalling eve and then reinstalling the 0.9.34 and 36 wine and then reinstalling eve again... Anyone have any ideas on this one?
If you have eve voice enabled, then disable it in prefs.ini with voiceenabled=0, that fixed it for me.
|

Dwindlehop
Queens of the Stone Age Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2007.04.30 05:05:00 -
[1119]
Edited by: Dwindlehop on 30/04/2007 05:04:46 Has anyone tried to get Eve Voice to work under Linux?
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.01 22:40:00 -
[1120]
Originally by: Dwindlehop Edited by: Dwindlehop on 30/04/2007 05:04:46 Has anyone tried to get Eve Voice to work under Linux?
Currently that's a no. I believe this is vivox' fault more than it is EVE's. Annoying, but with the state of development of wine as well as Cedega, it won't be long before we're able to chat there as well.
For now, if you've enabled the free voice trial, make sure to put "voiceenabled=0" in the prefs.ini file...or you will have serious issues with crashing, as well as the loss of corporate and local channels in game if you don't crash.
Ubuntu 3d Beryl-Linux Desktop+EVE |

Hens Montrey
|
Posted - 2007.05.02 04:13:00 -
[1121]
Ubuntu and Wine EVE
Guys its is soo close. I use Ubuntu. I believe we have a good shot to finally leave the Windows world. We need a few things to be fixed.
If you want to help try Ubuntu and get into EVE.
|

Jho Xian
|
Posted - 2007.05.02 15:42:00 -
[1122]
Edited by: Jho Xian on 02/05/2007 15:39:16 Hi, I definately need some help it seems. I am using wine .35, openSuse10.2 and an Ati card (afaik not the best setup for playing Eve... >_<). That worked quite well until I installed Beryl. When I start the game now, everything is screwed. The login screen is blinking in a really nasty purple. When entering the game it's the same: blinking screen, messed up textures, about 2 fps...
The konsole reads the following:
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0". fixme:process:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x33fc34) stub! Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0". fixme:actctx:FindActCtxSectionStringW 00000000 (null) 2 L"msvcr80.dll" 0x347b6c fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x177888) : stub, simulating 256MB for now, returning 256MB left fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10026, 0x15ced0): stub fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4070407, 0x34a960, 260): stub fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4070407, 0x34a984, 260): stub err:wave:wodDsCreate DirectSound flag not set This sound card's driver does not support direct access The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead. err:d3d:state_multisampleaa Multisample antialiasing not supported by gl
I tried to launch the game via xlaunch but as soon as the login screen should show up the game crashes without any error messages. For me not being very experienced with wine (or linux in general) I got no idea of what to do (except for disabling xgl/Beryl, but I like that toys ^^).
Any help is appreciated. |

ElfeGER
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.05.02 18:37:00 -
[1123]
Quote: Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
did you check your 3d drivers for hardware acceleration?
how did you manage to enable multisampling if eve doesn't work at all?
|

Vanhia
|
Posted - 2007.05.02 21:05:00 -
[1124]
Edited by: Vanhia on 02/05/2007 21:02:02 My Drivers are fine. At least I think they are, for other apllications are doing fine (like Quake 4). I, for myself, didn't enable multisampling at all (well, maybe I did, but I can't remember; I deleted the cache folder to no avail). As said before, the game works, it's just no pleasure ...
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.09 05:26:00 -
[1125]
Just a thread update for those counting.
wine .9.36 apparently has resolved the memory leakage issues. I've tested it a bit, and it appears to be smooth and back to normal on memory usage.
The gfx glitches with planets some stations and stuff are still there, but these, as have been mentioned previously, are not show stoppers.
On the cedega side, gfx wise, 6.0 has resolved almost all of the gfx goofiness with EVE. stations are rendered well, planets, objects no longer shimmer and artifact and framerate (nvidia 9755) is about the same as the prior version (5.10).
Ubuntu 3d Beryl-Linux Desktop+EVE |

Dwindlehop
Queens of the Stone Age Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2007.05.09 20:22:00 -
[1126]
Originally by: Sevarus James On the cedega side, gfx wise, 6.0 has resolved almost all of the gfx goofiness with EVE. stations are rendered well, planets, objects no longer shimmer and artifact and framerate (nvidia 9755) is about the same as the prior version (5.10).
Thanks for this, Sevarus. I now have a reason to upgrade.
|

Alewin
Venus Research Initiative Empire Research
|
Posted - 2007.05.12 02:35:00 -
[1127]
Has anyone had any luck with the star map on recent wine versions? I don't remember when I first noticed it was broken, but its been broken for me at least since .9.33 and is broken on .9.34 and .9.36.
Basically, the star map will show stars as long as they are set to color actual color. It isn't showing any of the lines and if I change to any other color mode (security status, for example), then all the stars disappear.
AMD64, Nvidia GF 7800, 2.6.18, 9746
If you're map is working correctly, please post wine version, kernel version, and driver versions. I may see about doing some additional upgrades tomorrow if its working for others. Highsec POS labs with no risk of scamming |

ElfeGER
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.05.12 15:18:00 -
[1128]
Originally by: Alewin Has anyone had any luck with the star map on recent wine versions? I don't remember when I first noticed it was broken, but its been broken for me at least since .9.33 and is broken on .9.34 and .9.36.
Basically, the star map will show stars as long as they are set to color actual color. It isn't showing any of the lines and if I change to any other color mode (security status, for example), then all the stars disappear.
the stars on the map might be the same problem as http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7821
|

Jag Hiroshii
|
Posted - 2007.05.12 23:38:00 -
[1129]
Originally by: Dedwin On blank logon screens. . .
A lot of people have posted regarding the blank logon screen. Everyone says copy your arial.ttf to the Windows font folder in either your Cedega or Wine folder. I did that for ages and still got the black logon screen. It wasn't until I copied arial*.* to those folders: there's arialb.ttf, ariali.ttf. . . etc etc. Copy everything that starts with arial and it should work fine.
Two cent. Also, I find Wine 35 gives me better fps than Cedega 6. FYI.
This did it for me .. I searched on a windows box for all arial*.* files - copied them on to the network and back in to the fonts directory under .wine. Thanks for posting the info.
With that - I had Eve online playing under Ubuntu Feisty with Wine using the fglrx ATI drivers. I played for about 2 hrs and the only issues I noticed were:
a) occasional sound stuttering (but I used to get that under XP to some extent)
b) I couldn't occlude the sun - it always shone through everything.
c) the launch from station button was a bit mashed.
Really - it was amazing, the game played really well and the FPS seemed high. I have absolutely zero reason to continue with Windows now.
I would still like to see an official Linux release (and OS X for that matter).
|

quantawitch
|
Posted - 2007.05.13 09:26:00 -
[1130]
do not try to install wine 0.9.37. after installing eve dies after the login screen with the following errors:
Quote: fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found, disabling mixer fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x180e70) : stub, simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10026, 0x1619c8): stub fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a960, 260): stub fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a984, 260): stub caliban@hyperion:~$ fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a448, 260): stub fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_ResourceReleased Vertex buffer released while bound to a state block, stream 0 err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Reset Cannot change the back buffer format yet err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Reset Cannot change the device window yet err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found! (XRandR) fixme:dbghelp:fetch_thread_info Couldn't open thread 22 (87)
with kubuntu 6.10 and a nvidia graphic.
/quantawitch
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.14 01:05:00 -
[1131]
Originally by: quantawitch do not try to install wine 0.9.37. after installing eve dies after the login screen with the following errors:
Quote: fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found, disabling mixer fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x180e70) : stub, simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10026, 0x1619c8): stub fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a960, 260): stub fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a984, 260): stub caliban@hyperion:~$ fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a448, 260): stub fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_ResourceReleased Vertex buffer released while bound to a state block, stream 0 err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Reset Cannot change the back buffer format yet err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Reset Cannot change the device window yet err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found! (XRandR) fixme:dbghelp:fetch_thread_info Couldn't open thread 22 (87)
with kubuntu 6.10 and a nvidia graphic.
/quantawitch
From the winehq appdb regarding EVE: What works login screen
What does not conneting to the server/switching gfx mode
What was not tested everything ingame
Additional Comments 0.9.37 has a regression so better stay with 0.9.36 for now
<snip>
.36 is working just fine, so the last line is good advice. :)
I've duplicated the error above with .37 so confirming the error above.
Ubuntu 3d Beryl-Linux Desktop+EVE |

Brelk
|
Posted - 2007.05.14 06:54:00 -
[1132]
I've got Ubuntu 7.04 and Wine 0.9.36 up and running, and I installed EVE again in Linux - and I can't bloody well find where it's installed to run it. Can someone help? I'm truly stumped.
|

Mort Dyken
ECP Rogues Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2007.05.14 07:29:00 -
[1133]
Originally by: Brelk I've got Ubuntu 7.04 and Wine 0.9.36 up and running, and I installed EVE again in Linux - and I can't bloody well find where it's installed to run it. Can someone help? I'm truly stumped.
Should be something like /home/NAME OF YOUR HOME DIRECTORY/.wine/drive_c/Programme/CCP/EVE
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 07:42:00 -
[1134]
Just remember that in your "home" directory, "dot" files such as .wine are normally hidden from view. If you are using ubuntu you can see these files by opening a nautilus window ('my home') and right click and "show hidden files".
Ubuntu 3d Beryl-Linux Desktop+EVE |

Ignago
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 10:34:00 -
[1135]
When I try to run EVE, with Ubuntu 7.04, and wine 0.9.36, I get a message that says "cannot find or install D3DX" or something along those lines. Is there a program that I need to use to counter this? I've noticed that on a friend's computer the same thing happened, on Windows.
|

Gwarnina
Minmatar The Graduates
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 20:15:00 -
[1136]
I confirm that the method posted by Brending on page 35 worked for me. A huge thanks to all the folks in this thread, I managed to piece everything together just fine.
I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 with wine 0.9.33. Considering that I only nuked my Windows system partition yesterday morning (by accident, no less) and that this is the first time I ever fooled around with anything Linux related, I'm quite happy that it worked. Even the sound works fine (OSS driver, harware acceleration on emulation, graphics in a virtual desktop). I only messed up my xorg.conf once, other than that it was smooth sailing with Ubuntu. Google is your friend.
I downloaded a fresh EVE setup file from CCP and installed that, not even touched my Windows settings. Considering that now I don't even have a Windows install I can boot into, I might not even bother with the boys from Redmond unless I really have to; EVE would have been the main reason. Frankly, I didn't think this would be so painless. After being gone for three months, I can finally get back into EVE!
I just noted that Beryl was on when I started EVE, and everything was fine, contrary to what I read in this thread earlier. Maybe I just got lucky.
PS: I just noted that on the starmap I don't see connecting lines or custom star colors (such as poddings or ships destroyed). Any ideas why? PPS: Never mind, I see it's a known bug...
|

Gwarnina
Minmatar The Graduates Brutally Clever Empire
|
Posted - 2007.05.16 10:35:00 -
[1137]
Okay, just a quick question for now. On some screenshots I've seen Eve run on full screen, without the Ubuntu panel bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Was that full screen achieved on Cedega only, or is there some way of coaxing wine to do that as well?
Right now I'm running Eve in a 1600x1125 virtual desktop, so that the bottom part does not get cut off and I can do things like undock and activate my low slot modules. It works fine, but one is never happy until one achieves perfection.
Incidentally, it's very cool of Eve to accept a custom resolution like the one I use above 
|

ElfeGER
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.05.16 17:09:00 -
[1138]
eve accepts basicly every resolution above 1024x768 as long as the hardware claims to support the resolution (I run 1200x900 as windowed with a custom res entry via nvidia driver on windows)
/me adds resizeable window to the eve wishlist
on linux you can run eve in fullscreen, virtual desktop (game at fullscreen) or eve with a patched wine in native windowed mode and all working well
|

Rai'Ne
|
Posted - 2007.05.16 19:56:00 -
[1139]
Edited by: Rai''Ne on 16/05/2007 19:55:32 Ok sorry if this repeating but...
I have installed latest Wine.
Installed corefonts + installed D3d and copied ariel to .wine/....../fonts directory
However i still cannot type anything in the password box.
What have i missed??
Help!!
|

Armand Sierra
Ka-Tet
|
Posted - 2007.05.17 01:12:00 -
[1140]
Latest being 0.9.37? mask or uninstall it and try 0.9.36 instead, if you look at the wine appdb you'll see that the latter version has "Gold" rating whereas the newest being rated as "Garbage"
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 .. 81 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |