Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 42 post(s)
Myrk Reinhart
Myrk Reinhart

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.12.05 12:25:00 - [2911]

I think all other than gallente pilots are whining here.
As a dominix (14 drones) pilot the reason for this is quite clear to meIdea:

* Drones have a tendency to dissaprove your command and go shoot other more interesting thingsYARRRR!!.
* They take a break whenever they feel like itugh.
* They suddenly get engine trouble and cant go faster than 50m/sRolling Eyes.
* Drones have a 3second goldfish memory and must be reminded on their task constantlyEvil or Very Mad

Whatever i do, at least 2 of my drones do some of the above things if not all of them and therefore all drones need to be whipped all the time to make them do something usefullMad.

and YES, ALL DRONES ARE UNDAMAGED AND THEY DONT REQUIRE REPAIRING.

If CCP doesent fix this, i recon a Domi with 10 Drones can be calculated as a domi with 8 drones since 2 of the drones dont *feel like* attackingugh
Cutter Slade
Cutter Slade

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.12.05 14:04:00 - [2912]

Originally by: Myrk Reinhart

* Drones have a tendency to dissaprove your command and go shoot other more interesting thingsYARRRR!!.
* Drones have a 3second goldfish memory and must be reminded on their task constantlyEvil or Very Mad

Whatever i do, at least 2 of my drones do some of the above things if not all of them and therefore all drones need to be whipped all the time to make them do something usefullMad.

If CCP doesent fix this, i recon a Domi with 10 Drones can be calculated as a domi with 8 drones since 2 of the drones dont *feel like* attackingugh

ROFL

I agree compleatly with this post. Even if they do what they are suppost to do they take forever to get to where they need to go. This means that by the time drones are deployed and shooting at the target your opponent has allready putt 5 salvo's on the domi, witch changes the damage output concidreble. And you can shoot the drones, heavy drones cant track frigs anymore, Smart bombs..and so on..

T2 drones are like T2 guns with T2 ammo.

if you calculate it as 11 damage Hard Points (5 drones 5x +1 mod free high slot) than have a look at the raven 8 high slots plus 3 drones= 11 damage HP. Or the geddon 8 high slots plus 5 drones = 13 damage HP....

The domi has never been a viable ship to PVP in. I know there are some people out there that have real good skills and setups, but is has never been a real bs killer. Well is going in that direction now. Learn to deal with it.

All and all i believe this is well ballanced. But then again there are 50 pages filled with pro's and contra's. And no i have not tested on the test server.

My 2 isk...

Cutter Slade
Cutter Slade
Sicarri Covenant
Privateer Alliance

Posted - 2005.12.05 14:04:00 - [2913]

Originally by: Myrk Reinhart

ROFL

I agree compleatly with this post. Even if they do what they are suppost to do they take forever to get to where they need to go. This means that by the time drones are deployed and shooting at the target your opponent has allready putt 5 salvo's on the domi, witch changes the damage output concidreble. And you can shoot the drones, heavy drones cant track frigs anymore, Smart bombs..and so on..

if you calculate it as 11 damage Hard Points (5 drones 5x +1 mod free high slot) than have a look at the raven 8 high slots plus 3 drones= 11 damage HP. Or the geddon 8 high slots plus 5 drones = 13 damage HP....

The domi has never been a viable ship to PVP in. I know there are some people out there that have real good skills and setups, but is has never been a real bs killer. Well is going in that direction now. Learn to deal with it.

All and all i believe this is well ballanced. But then again there are 50 pages filled with pro's and contra's. And no i have not tested on the test server.

My 2 isk...

j0sephine
j0sephine

Posted - 2005.12.05 14:24:00 - [2914]

"The domi has never been a viable ship to PVP in. I know there are some people out there that have real good skills and setups, but is has never been a real bs killer."

... where have you been for the last dunno, year or so o.O;

1v1 dominix has been lethal for a long time. if it's not very widely used it's because a) for mission running Raven was just as good and easier to train for and b) for large scale long range combat drones were even more annoying/pointless than large missiles... ^^;
j0sephine
j0sephine
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.12.05 14:24:00 - [2915]

"The domi has never been a viable ship to PVP in. I know there are some people out there that have real good skills and setups, but is has never been a real bs killer."

... where have you been for the last dunno, year or so o.O;

1v1 dominix has been lethal for a long time. if it's not very widely used it's because a) for mission running Raven was just as good and easier to train for and b) for large scale long range combat drones were even more annoying/pointless than large missiles... ^^;
Dark PIne
Dark PIne

Posted - 2005.12.05 14:46:00 - [2916]

Originally by: Cutter Slade

I agree with this. The thing that creates imbalance, is that you can swap 5 non-ship-bonus-guns to 5 heavy drones, which will have the +50% ship damage bonus. If this is a planned feature, I'd like to have the same option for other ships, too.

Dark PIne
Dark PIne

Posted - 2005.12.05 14:46:00 - [2917]

Originally by: Cutter Slade

I agree with this. The thing that creates imbalance, is that you can swap 5 non-ship-bonus-guns to 5 heavy drones, which will have the +50% ship damage bonus. If this is a planned feature, I'd like to have the same option for other ships, too.

Hllaxiu
Hllaxiu

Posted - 2005.12.05 16:33:00 - [2918]

Originally by: Dark PIne

Dominix does have a gun bonus, 5%/level for large hybrid turrets. A not uncommon setup right now is 6xdual 250mm + shield tank/injector + damage mods/tracking and your 13-15 drones. This is useful because of the hybrid damage bonus... The gun bonus does not change in RMR.
Hllaxiu
Hllaxiu
Shiva
Morsus Mihi

Posted - 2005.12.05 16:33:00 - [2919]

Originally by: Dark PIne

Dominix does have a gun bonus, 5%/level for large hybrid turrets. A not uncommon setup right now is 6xdual 250mm + shield tank/injector + damage mods/tracking and your 13-15 drones. This is useful because of the hybrid damage bonus... The gun bonus does not change in RMR.
---
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Emerson
Trelennen
Trelennen

Posted - 2005.12.05 18:59:00 - [2920]

Originally by: Hllaxiu

But with these modules, you can swap for a weapon which will have 10% damage bonus. Why the typhoon can't swap its launcher for turrets to gain that 5% damage / level then? Or the raven for other missiles launchers? Or any ship with one bonus for one of its weapon type and none for the other weapon type? Or even all ships with drones, swap the drones for turrets/launchers to fully use their best bonus?

It could eventually be OK to introduce this module without an equivalent for turrets / launchers if the added drones don't benefit from the ship bonus...
Originally by: DarK
The cluetrain obviously doesn't stop at this station anymore...
Trelennen
Trelennen
Disturbed Hoggs

Posted - 2005.12.05 18:59:00 - [2921]

Originally by: Hllaxiu

But with these modules, you can swap for a weapon which will have 10% damage bonus. Why the typhoon can't swap its launcher for turrets to gain that 5% damage / level then? Or the raven for other missiles launchers? Or any ship with one bonus for one of its weapon type and none for the other weapon type? Or even all ships with drones, swap the drones for turrets/launchers to fully use their best bonus?

It could eventually be OK to introduce this module without an equivalent for turrets / launchers if the added drones don't benefit from the ship bonus...
Rigsta
Rigsta

Posted - 2005.12.05 19:34:00 - [2922]

Edited by: Rigsta on 05/12/2005 19:35:18
People generally land a few salvos or volleys on me before I start damaging them, unless I pick on some random untanked person gawking at a Titan in the FFA area Laughing

I need to try it out with a full drone module setup to be sure about it really but only the +1 drone, -75 CPU modules seem to be available on the test server market. The full damage setup seems like it will be similar to a gankageddon's setup (ie. all damage no tank or cap recharge), with the difference being the drones take much longer to start doing damage (depending on the range), and they can be shot down, smartbombed or ECM bursted. Or left behind when you need to bug out.

As it stands on test server right now, with 5 drone control modules the domi can have the equivilent of 20 current heavy drones, before the new skills and drone damage modules are applied. Add on the, say, 40% bonus from stacked damage modules and that's 28. Add 40% from gallente battleship bonus... 36... (my maths is getting shaky there, I'm rather tired - forgive & correct me if I'm wrong). This is assuming drones & drone interfacing @ lv5.

But on the other hand, this is similar to what gun and missile users already have available - tracking enhancers, damage modifiers, etc. And these modules use up every type of power slot on the ship - just like other weapons and their modules do. Gank setups exist for gun and missile users already - now they exist for drones too. Overall I'm happy with it.
-----------------------------------------------
My Ideas:
Drones wish list <-- 2 years old :O
Rigsta
Rigsta
Gallente
Raddick Explorations
NxT LeveL

Posted - 2005.12.05 19:34:00 - [2923]

People generally land a few salvos or volleys on me before I start damaging them, unless I pick on some random untanked person gawking at a Titan in the FFA area Laughing

I need to try it out with a full drone module setup to be sure about it really but only the +1 drone, -75 CPU modules seem to be available on the test server market. The full damage setup seems like it will be similar to a gankageddon's setup (ie. all damage no tank or cap recharge), with the difference being the drones take much longer to start doing damage (depending on the range), and they can be shot down, smartbombed or ECM bursted. Or left behind when you need to bug out.

As it stands on test server right now, with 5 drone control modules the domi can have the equivilent of 20 current heavy drones, before the new skills and drone damage modules are applied. Add on the, say, 40% bonus from stacked damage modules and that's 28. Add 40% from gallente battleship bonus... 36... (my maths is getting shaky there, I'm rather tired - forgive & correct me if I'm wrong). This is assuming drones & drone interfacing @ lv5.

But on the other hand, this is similar to what gun and missile users already have available - tracking enhancers, damage modifiers, etc. And these modules use up every type of power slot on the ship - just like other weapons and their modules do. Gank setups exist for gun and missile users already - now they exist for drones too. Overall I'm happy with it.
Originally by: Jim McGregor
I felt the disturbance... it was like a million voices suddenly stopped whining for a second. Unfortunantly it then continued.
Esrevatem Dlareme
Esrevatem Dlareme

Posted - 2005.12.05 19:51:00 - [2924]

Can't believe the second drone thread reached 50 pages too. Razz

I posted a setup that I thought would be somewhat effective in another thread, as far as a Domi with 5 drone control modules goes. It had a 5 slot shield tank, 5 drone control modules, 1 nos, 3 drone damage control mods, damage control, 1 pdu and 2 co proc's.

Only have access to t2 wasps on Sisi so I used those. A raven had me attack him before I had fit the shield tank (was using a crappy armor tank) and his thoughts were that I was putting out more DPS than him, but my tank was failing horribly. (got him to about half shields before I was effectively dead)

With the shield tank, and my crappy shield skills, I can boost an XL booster for just under 1 min, running everything. The question is, will that be long enough for my 10 wasps II's (using 3 dmg mods) to kill the other guy? Sadly I haven't had a chance to actually fight someone in a BS.

The setup has obvious drawbacks and vulnerabilities. Major cap drain will kill the tank *fast* allowing the attacker to potentially destroy the domi before the drones kill. Also this is more of a close range setup, and can be outran since the Domi had no speed booster module fitted. Also fairly long lock time as there is no sensor booster modules fitted. Very vulnerable to EW, but if it gets the drones on the target before it's jammed, it's good.

I really wish someone would set up a good shield tank Domi (esp since my shield tank skills are practically non-existant) and try it out with t2 drones, as I don't know when I'll have time.

I think back to all the events that have brought me here.
And I realize...
I realize I was ment to come here.
Someone wanted me to come here.
And now, I have come here.
Esrevatem Dlareme
Esrevatem Dlareme
Gallente
Happy Happyism

Posted - 2005.12.05 19:51:00 - [2925]

Can't believe the second drone thread reached 50 pages too. Razz

I posted a setup that I thought would be somewhat effective in another thread, as far as a Domi with 5 drone control modules goes. It had a 5 slot shield tank, 5 drone control modules, 1 nos, 3 drone damage control mods, damage control, 1 pdu and 2 co proc's.

Only have access to t2 wasps on Sisi so I used those. A raven had me attack him before I had fit the shield tank (was using a crappy armor tank) and his thoughts were that I was putting out more DPS than him, but my tank was failing horribly. (got him to about half shields before I was effectively dead)

With the shield tank, and my crappy shield skills, I can boost an XL booster for just under 1 min, running everything. The question is, will that be long enough for my 10 wasps II's (using 3 dmg mods) to kill the other guy? Sadly I haven't had a chance to actually fight someone in a BS.

The setup has obvious drawbacks and vulnerabilities. Major cap drain will kill the tank *fast* allowing the attacker to potentially destroy the domi before the drones kill. Also this is more of a close range setup, and can be outran since the Domi had no speed booster module fitted. Also fairly long lock time as there is no sensor booster modules fitted. Very vulnerable to EW, but if it gets the drones on the target before it's jammed, it's good.

I really wish someone would set up a good shield tank Domi (esp since my shield tank skills are practically non-existant) and try it out with t2 drones, as I don't know when I'll have time.

I think back to all the events that have brought me here.
And I realize...
I realize I was ment to come here.
Someone wanted me to come here.
And now, I have come here.
Leneerra
Leneerra

Posted - 2005.12.05 20:59:00 - [2926]

Originally by: Rigsta

No it is not similar. Notice that nobody has complained about drone damage mods, drone tracking mods or whatever dronemodule they thought up. We only complain about the +1 drone control module.
Yes trones have their problems, they can be destroyed or simply lost.. well I have some news for you. Every weapon has its pro's and cons.
Long range weapons generaly have bad tracking, so orbit them close range and they are nothing. Missiles also need time to get to their targets, also there is this myth about defenders destroying incomming missiles.
Short range guns can be outranged. In addition all turret weapons suffer from tracking disrupters. ECM effects everybody.
Please stop claiming the destructebility of drones make it even.. Or rather, accept that that destructebility does make it even. So you do not need a Extra turret module to make things even.

If you add +1 turret modules add them for all, not just one turret type.
If Drone ships need them for balance them someone has ******-up altering the drones making everyones dot suffer.

I do not think we need a ship out there that can on its own outdamage a gankageddon at some 90km distance.
What if they added a "orbit object" or "defend "object" command for drones you could add a dom to a sniperteam camping a gate. Noting would get that kind of DoT at so little risk. And adding a command such as this is something I see as more usefull, more fun to play with than this so called "+1 other turret type" highslot module.

Leneerra
Leneerra
Minmatar
Trinity Nova

Posted - 2005.12.05 20:59:00 - [2927]

No it is not similar. Notice that nobody has complained about drone damage mods, drone tracking mods or whatever dronemodule they thought up. We only complain about the +1 drone control module.
Yes trones have their problems, they can be destroyed or simply lost.. well I have some news for you. Every weapon has its pro's and cons.
Long range weapons generaly have bad tracking, so orbit them close range and they are nothing. Missiles also need time to get to their targets, also there is this myth about defenders destroying incomming missiles.
Short range guns can be outranged. In addition all turret weapons suffer from tracking disrupters. ECM effects everybody.
Please stop claiming the destructebility of drones make it even.. Or rather, accept that that destructebility does make it even. So you do not need a Extra turret module to make things even.

If you add +1 turret modules add them for all, not just one turret type.
If Drone ships need them for balance them someone has ******-up altering the drones making everyones dot suffer.

I do not think we need a ship out there that can on its own outdamage a gankageddon at some 90km distance.
What if they added a "orbit object" or "defend "object" command for drones you could add a dom to a sniperteam camping a gate. Noting would get that kind of DoT at so little risk. And adding a command such as this is something I see as more usefull, more fun to play with than this so called "+1 other turret type" highslot module.

Rigsta
Rigsta

Posted - 2005.12.05 21:04:00 - [2928]

Ah, just got new test server patch - those dron control modules are now skill-based, one per level of advanced drone interfacing. Slightly more balanced.

/me looks for other changes.
My Ideas:
Rigsta
Rigsta
Gallente
Raddick Explorations
NxT LeveL

Posted - 2005.12.05 21:04:00 - [2929]

Ah, just got new test server patch - those dron control modules are now skill-based, one per level of advanced drone interfacing. Slightly more balanced.

/me looks for other changes.
I felt the disturbance... it was like a million voices suddenly stopped whining for a second. Unfortunantly it then continued.
Leneerra
Leneerra

Posted - 2005.12.05 21:45:00 - [2930]

NO, it does not.

Please give me a [turret type] interfacing skill that does +20% Damage per level on [turret type] and allows me to fit a +1 turret of [turret type] module as well for each level.

Leneerra
Leneerra
Minmatar
Trinity Nova

Posted - 2005.12.05 21:45:00 - [2931]

Edited by: Leneerra on 06/12/2005 15:54:26
NO, it does not.

Please give me a [turret type] interfacing skill that does +20% Damage per level on [turret type] and advanced [turret type] interfacing that allows me to fit a +1 turret of [turret type] module as well for each level.
Rigsta
Rigsta

Posted - 2005.12.05 23:06:00 - [2932]

Originally by: Leneerra

You seem to be confusing the terms "similar" and "identical". Also, you seem to have missed the paragraph where I described how it's possible to have more drone power than a Moros?

I'm more than aware of the pros and cons of the various weapons thanks, having used them or had them used on me. Including one smartbomb or gang warp owning my entire armament with one click, just like a tracking disruptor owning my artillery or railguns.

I'm aware the modules are very powerful. I've been testing them. I've had them tested on me. I never said they don't need balancing further >.>

But that's what Singularity is there for.
My Ideas:
Rigsta
Rigsta
Gallente
Raddick Explorations
NxT LeveL

Posted - 2005.12.05 23:06:00 - [2933]

Originally by: Leneerra

You seem to be confusing the terms "similar" and "identical". Also, you seem to have missed the paragraph where I described how it's possible to have more drone power than a Moros?

I'm more than aware of the pros and cons of the various weapons thanks, having used them or had them used on me. Including one smartbomb or gang warp owning my entire armament with one click, just like a tracking disruptor owning my artillery or railguns.

I'm aware the modules are very powerful. I've been testing them. I've had them tested on me. I never said they don't need balancing further >.>

But that's what Singularity is there for.
Ebedar
Ebedar

Posted - 2005.12.06 00:41:00 - [2934]

The Drone Control modules now need Advanced Drone Interfacing to increase the number of drones you can control (+1 per level of skill) as well as the module itself (so the total you can control is dependent on both your skills and having the right number of modules active).

Pre-req on Sisi is Drones 5 (I think) but I would imagine that will be swapped out for Drone Interfacing 5, in line with other advanced skills. Further to that, it is a rank 8 skill.

I suspect that if that's not enough to nullify people (and I imagine it won't be) a cap use may be added to the modules, but that's just me thinking out loud for the most part.

As it stands, I'd like to see how things work with the combination of modules and skills before further tweaks are made. Actually, what I'd really like is to test them on Sisi but the new drone stuff isn't being released on there now...

One Step Further
Ebedar
Ebedar
Gallente
Primary Intelligence

Posted - 2005.12.06 00:41:00 - [2935]

The Drone Control modules now need Advanced Drone Interfacing to increase the number of drones you can control (+1 per level of skill) as well as the module itself (so the total you can control is dependent on both your skills and having the right number of modules active).

Pre-req on Sisi is Drones 5 (I think) but I would imagine that will be swapped out for Drone Interfacing 5, in line with other advanced skills. Further to that, it is a rank 8 skill.

I suspect that if that's not enough to nullify people (and I imagine it won't be) a cap use may be added to the modules, but that's just me thinking out loud for the most part.

As it stands, I'd like to see how things work with the combination of modules and skills before further tweaks are made. Actually, what I'd really like is to test them on Sisi but the new drone stuff isn't being released on there now...

Jaa'dhu: On The Run - Part 1 & Part 2
Este Diaz
Este Diaz

Posted - 2005.12.06 03:46:00 - [2936]

So... Do I have to read all 50 pages to find the latest scoop on drones? what I have read is that drone interfacing will allow you 20% more dmg, so that your drones will do the same dmg as before with half the drones that you used to have. Drone bays are being halved on all the ships.

So question is what if you didnt need Drone Interfacing skill before because you couldnt hold more than 5 drones? or maybe you werent even using 5? Now you have to train a week or so... maybe more to have the same dmg? Not to mention you have the have the prereq for interfacing, which you may not have had - if you didnt need 5 drones...or what if you have Drone interfacing, but had no need to take it all the way to level 5?

It is not a big set back, but basically it will be costing some training time for some newer characters so that they can catch back up.

Where do I go if I want to read just the latest on this and the missile changes from the Devs... without going through 500 reply messages?

Thanks

Este Diaz
Este Diaz

Posted - 2005.12.06 03:46:00 - [2937]

So... Do I have to read all 50 pages to find the latest scoop on drones? what I have read is that drone interfacing will allow you 20% more dmg, so that your drones will do the same dmg as before with half the drones that you used to have. Drone bays are being halved on all the ships.

So question is what if you didnt need Drone Interfacing skill before because you couldnt hold more than 5 drones? or maybe you werent even using 5? Now you have to train a week or so... maybe more to have the same dmg? Not to mention you have the have the prereq for interfacing, which you may not have had - if you didnt need 5 drones...or what if you have Drone interfacing, but had no need to take it all the way to level 5?

It is not a big set back, but basically it will be costing some training time for some newer characters so that they can catch back up.

Where do I go if I want to read just the latest on this and the missile changes from the Devs... without going through 500 reply messages?

Thanks

Leneerra
Leneerra

Posted - 2005.12.08 09:57:00 - [2938]

Este, not a week, more like a month to get drone interfacing to 5 (as it is a rank 5 skill)
Leneerra
Leneerra
Minmatar
Trinity Nova

Posted - 2005.12.08 09:57:00 - [2939]

Este, not a week, more like a month to get drone interfacing to 5 (as it is a rank 5 skill)
Este Diaz
Este Diaz

Posted - 2005.12.09 07:32:00 - [2940]

Edited by: Este Diaz on 09/12/2005 07:33:35
My bad. I was also looking and it does create some changes for damage in different ships as the pilots level up.

The biggest effect I see is that overall -- people with lower skills that dont have a drone bonus on their ship will loose dps. This while with ships that have bonuses will get increased DPS.

My impression of many ships after this change (missile and gun ships) -- CCPwned again. Mad

edit:typo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,25s, ref 20240425/0700
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.